ff10 - Someday the dream will end PIANO

bluelighter

Hi,

I've made a piano recording on this melody.

www.reverbnation.com/bluelighter

It's more a transcription than an arrangement. But I wonder about the production. What about the recording quality? Are some point those could be blocking for on OCR post ?

Thanks for your help

Edited by XPRTNovice

I agree about the recording quality. To me it seems very quiet and a bit thin somehow. Personally I feel it's a substantial hindrance to my enjoyment of this. You might also get some crits on the hardness of the piano tone, as it's a big enough deal for me. Not enough by itself, but combined with the awkward... angle (?) of the recording and the apparent lack of much bass frequencies, those I think would be the major issues here.

As for the actual arrangement, is this supposed to be very interpretive or just a cover? I'm not sure since you said "more a transcription than an arrangement".

Thanks for your feedback! it's my arrangement, but I made it quickly and it's close to the source. My aim was mainly to train in recording sthg.

My recorder was orientated to have separately bass and high sounds. My piano was opened, so the sound can be a little metallic and hard. I understand now it was not a good idea, but it was my best solution to reduce parasite noise.

So, to have sthg clean; I think I've to make new recording, and potentialy increase bass frequencies.

I haven't good installation to make a proper recording, but I know someone who has got this. So, I hope in few weeks... :)