*NO* Super Metroid 'Intro'

djpretzel

email sub file SM - Intro.mp3

Hi!

I am submitting my first song to your site (which I have enjoyed for a long time.) Here's my contact info:

Remixer Name: Brinstar Philharmonic Orchestra

Email: vikingguitar@hotmail.com

Userid: vikingguitar

Remix Info

------------------

Game Remixed - Super Metroid

Song Remixed - Intro (Destruction of Space Colony)

Song Comments - Created with FL Studio. I've done a lot of music for a long time now, including death metal, various techno, blues, etc. This is a great song and I wanted to beef it up a bit with a larger, more orchestral feel. I've added some orchestration and new melodies, but the whole thing is strongly rooted in the original.

Erik Peabody

PS - sorry, but I have to attach the mp3 with the email. I know that the site said that this wasn't preferable.

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=sm - "Theme of Super Metroid" (sm-16.spc)

"Brinstar Philharmonic Orchestra", what a pretentious name. Not to simply insult anyone, but if you're gonna name yourself that, your stuff better sound GOOOOOD. The drums alone in this one are ridiculously fake. Every drumbeat comes in at the same intensity. The samples here are all high-pitched and overly synthetic.

The arrangement is hardly interpretive enough to be interesting. Hell, look at the mix title. This basically keeps the structure of the original, as stated in the submission letter, albeit more filled out.

Rehash of :08's section at 1:25. Man, you're repeating the first section wholesale. You're maybe the 4th newbie person tonight I've voted on that simply took the first section of their arrangement, which was about 1 minute long, and simply looped it rather than make anything different for the second go-around.

Finally at 2:37, you go for another iteration of the source, only an ultra-fake and shrill woodwind synth is thrown in there (and buried in the background). You can understand when I tell you that that's not enough to be a meaningful difference.

Decent stuff for a beginner, so stick around here and make use of the ReMixing forum to learn more about what you can do with FL Studio and post any future mixes in the Works forum to get feedback on them before you submit again.

NO

• 2 weeks later...
okay. this is pretty much the original, except with less going on rhythmically. some of the parts are actually simplified.

NO

Yeah.

This is hardly orchestra. Lots of synthy sounds and a repetitive snare drum does not orchestra make. No arrangement either. Needs actual arrangement and more effort on a believable soundscape.

NO