Sora's Theme - Kingdom Hearts II (Electronic Rock Video Cover)

motivemakesaman

Beautiful! This has a nice uplifting vibe to it that fits the original pretty well.

The layering and blending of sounds is handled really well - the atmosphere of the track is just super bright and happy. It's a pleasure to listen too! It somehow reminds me of the Sim City theme from the SNES version of the game. Not sure why, but it totally does!

If I had to critique anything it'd be the length and pacing of the track. You jump into it all so quickly - I think you'd benefit by slowing it down a bit and taking your time and layering things in at a slower rate. Also, maybe a lead solo or something to that extent? Would be great. As it stands, it hits you kinda fast and doesn't last all that long! Still - awesome stuff!

I also just want to mention that I had two days to arrange, record, and mix this song for the charity album. I tried to keep the arrangement modest, as to keep myself from getting too overburdened. It's a quick one, but the original does not have a ton of variation, so I wanted to extend it a bit, without going too far or biting off more than I could chew.