Super Metroid - Crateria / Brinstar

theartinme

Decided that I'm gonna do a Metroid remix album. Just finished the second track for those interested. Question, when the album is finished, how do I go about releasing the full album on OC Remix? Is it the same process as a single song?

https://soundcloud.com/theartinme/the-cavernous-depths

Edited by Gario
Please use the appropriate tag in front - you are not looking for a Mod Review, but for regular critique.

Decided that I'm gonna do a Metroid remix album. Just finished the second track for those interested. Question, when the album is finished, how do I go about releasing the full album on OC Remix? Is it the same process as a single song?

If you're planning on releasing an album on OCR, the process is a little different. This thread (as well as the attached document) should give you all the information that you need in order to begin the process of project evaluation.

As another note (and this goes for the other tracks posted in here, as well), unless you're planning on submitting the presented version of a track to OCR for judging and panel, I suggest either tagging your track as 'Unfinished' or 'Album/other' (I changed it to the latter, since you mentioned that you're planning on an album).

If you really are looking for a Mod Review feel free to change it back and I'll go through the songs, but understand that they currently don't fulfill production standards (the mixes are a bit overwashed, at the moment), and in the case of this track the notes themselves sound a bit... off. The way it harmonizes sounds strange, and not in a good way. I find it to be a major issue with your other Brinstar Greens track, as well. Listen to the sources again, and be careful with different harmonizations and such.

I hope I don't come off as harsh, but when I Mod Review that's kind of what my job is. I liked the guitar solos in this track, though - they were pretty cool :)

Good luck with your album, and if no one else said it, Welcome to the OCR Workshop!

Edited by Gario

If you're planning on releasing an album on OCR, the process is a little different. This thread (as well as the attached document) should give you all the information that you need in order to begin the process of project evaluation.

As another note (and this goes for the other tracks posted in here, as well), unless you're planning on submitting the presented version of a track to OCR for judging and panel, I suggest either tagging your track as 'Unfinished' or 'Album/other' (I changed it to the latter, since you mentioned that you're planning on an album).

If you really are looking for a Mod Review feel free to change it back and I'll go through the songs, but understand that they currently don't fulfill production standards (the mixes are a bit overwashed, at the moment), and in the case of this track the notes themselves sound a bit... off. The way it harmonizes sounds strange, and not in a good way. I find it to be a major issue with your other Brinstar Greens track, as well. Listen to the sources again, and be careful with different harmonizations and such.

I hope I don't come off as harsh, but when I Mod Review that's kind of what my job is. I liked the guitar solos in this track, though - they were pretty cool :)

Good luck with your album, and if no one else said it, Welcome to the OCR Workshop!

Thanks for the reply. I'm not exactly sure by what you mean by overwashed, could you elaborate? Also, is there a specific instrument/part you find not harmonizing?

Overwashed = the reverb and wetness of the sounds make it hard to make out what's going on in the track. Also, in the tracks that have harmonization issues it tends to be a problem between most instruments, not just one. The wetness issue is a production one, whereas the 'odd harmonization' issue (when present) is more an issue of the arrangement. Compare to the sources and you'll see what I'm talking about.