Anything fom "Phantom Brave" + Bonus OST Review

Naveronasis

So out of all the games out there with just amazing soundtracks. I feel like there are at least 2 games neglected... Golden Sun, which does have a few remixes here, and Phantom Brave.

Phantom Brave is an early 2000's Strategy RPG from the makers of Disgaea/Final Fantasy Tactics. It honestly has one of the very best soundtracks of all time, which is saying a lot since it comes out of an age where strong melodic soundtracks were almost universally replaced with dull background chords to make room for dialogue and "Atmosphere".

I also took the time to find you a OST link and ranked all of the songs (fighting game tier style of course :D) If your not familiar here is how to read the chart...

Rank (graded on a bell Curve)

SS <- Legendary songs like Zelda Overworld most games dont have this.

S <- Amazing tracks that will stick with you for years after playing Few games have these, and usually only 1-2.

A <- Excellent all rounders, the stages you look forward to. Most games have 1-3 of these.

B <- Above average songs that elevate above the norm.

C <- Basic solid tracks that you may not remember... But dont upset the ears.

D <- Sub-Par songs, usually filler tracks that perhaps aren't really bad, but out of the context of their intended use dont hold up musical merit.

E <- Tracks that are bad, they stand out as being poorly produced or musicly flawed.

F <- awful tracks that are bad enough that even detract from the overall fun of the game.

X <- Tracks with either no musical merit, or aren't really songs, sometimes just a 5 second jingle for victory, tracks here are basically music, but not full songs. (the death music from sonic 1, or the stage ending to mario world when you get the flag)

------------------

Phantom Brave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4idHnGXM_Q&index=1&list=PLF0AAD1984339AD94

SS

S 103, 112, 113, 202, 211*,

A 102, 109, 110*, 201, 204*, 212

B 101, 104, 105, 107*, 214

C 106, 108, 111, 213**

D 203, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209*, 210*

E

F

X

*you may like these songs more than I did based on your musical taste.

**this is a filler track but its a very good one so I bumped it up.

I tried to be particularly hard on the songs when ranking them to offset being a fan of the series, but take a listen, see what you think, and if you enjoy any of them please do a mix or cover :D This soundtrack should be known! The game is pretty good too.

Edited by Naveronasis

@ Liontamer, on my chart thats 103 :D (it makes sense once you click the playlist link) It was just better for my chart to use a shorthand ^_^ (I ranked it S) Thanks for the input/backup :D

PS: If your emotionally sensitive when it comes to music, I challenge you to keep your sh-- together throughout 211 while listening carefully.

PPS: sadly a few of these songs are cut off pre-maturely since its just random uploads... would have been nice if they let a few of them loop more than once. But not all of them have this problem. Also if you find a copy of this game it actually comes with the soundtrack in most cases.

Edited by Naveronasis