Apple Garageband

Do you think Garageband (with Jam Packs or not) is a formidable enough program to be used "seriously," like for making a ReMix here? Or are its many limitations too much? I'm aware it doesn't have as many features as some of the other programs out there, and some important features are missing, but is it good enough?

This question probably would have done better in the "remixing" forum, but I'll throw in my two cents.

I'm about to buy a mac (no tax weekend in TN this week!) and Garageband seems to be a pretty nifty program. Of course it can do things that other progs cant, and there are things that other programs do that GB cant, but it's definitely fine for remixing. I believe pixietricks uses it, and I'm certain there's been plenty of other remixes made with it.

So yeah, to answer your question simply. GB is fine for remixing. As long as you put the effort into your work to meet/exceed the submission standards :)

Hope this input helps.

I use GB a lot and it is excellent for remixing, especially if you are just starting. I love it and I can always help you if you need help with it. It very easy to use and you can get fantastic results. But since it uses AU, do not get the Jam Packs. You can find much better sample and loop sets for the same price.

If you have any questions about it, just ask me. I have used it for several remixes on Remix: ThaSauce as well as a few projects that are curently in the works here on OCR.