*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Eggman's Reprisal'

Chimpazilla

I paneled this because I think it has promise, although I really don't think it will fly here in it's current form, primarily due to the conservative writing/arrangement, simple/repetitive beats, and the suuuuuper generic saw lead that is used all throughout the mix.  That said, I think the track is mixed pretty well, and has good filtering effects.  I like the bass writing, but the bass is a bit too quiet in the mix.  The transition at 2:02 is really abrupt.

I think this could be a great track with some more variation on the theme, more interesting/varied beats and definitely with better leadwork, preferably more than one lead in the entire track.  I really don't think wide saw leads like this one make good leads, they have zero personality and don't cut through the mix well.

NO (resubmit)

First things first. When you submit to OC ReMix, you need to submit an audio file. You can't just send us a link to a YouTube video. Please make sure you're following the submission instructions.

Now that that's out of the way, I've got to say that there are some good ideas here; I like the percussion part and the effects are nice. I don't think there's enough here though. It's a pretty repetitive remix and its not even that long. Some of your melodic choices are also a little strange; the melody has some weird variations at 1:22 from the original source. It's not off-key or anything, just an odd choice to make that doesn't really add anything. If I had to guess (and this is pure conjecture), it sounds like you listened to a MIDI file for reference and listened to a section where the one lead channel goes off and starts harmonizing with the melody in another channel, and then arranged that harmony as the melody. Very strange.

Anyway needs a lot more going on; longer more evolved sections, etc.

NO, resub

Like Chimpa said, there are positive things going on, for sure, but most of the synths were very generic, and ultimately there's not enough dynamically going on with this piece. I agreed with DarkeSword about the melodic variation at 1:22 not adding anything to the picture. Also, 2:30 shouldn't have been a copy-pasta retread of 1:08. Keep things developing and changing, even if it's subtle, so that the arrangement is more fully developed.

NO