ReMixer name: Fefo from the band "No somos nada"

email address: serradef@gmail.com

userid (number, not name) on our forums: don´t have

Name of game(s) ReMixed: Double Dragon

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: City Slum

What's in it for me?

Fame, Glory, and a lifetime supply of the ability to say "I helped djpretzel!"

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/doubledr.zip - Track 3 ("City Slum")

The title's just the name of the source tune. The drums are near-completely uncreative. There's no ending. The arrangement is too brief, conservative, repetitive, and boring. Pretty much everything the standards and guidelines encourage you not to be. The soloing during the chorus was alright, but not much to speak of.

Sequence more interesting drumwork, and expand & personalize the arrangement with your own interpretive ideas. Listen to some of the recent arrangements here to understand what typically gets posted.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

i expected something completely different when i was downloading this. i expected a groovy, urban tour-de-force and i'm not sure if my decision will be influenced by my fall from anticipation but it might not even matter.

there are a few glaring problems with this track. one if how empty it sounds. the rhtythm guitars that you have panned on two different moons leaves the bass completely naked in the middle with a unintimidating and thin drumkit.

it makes your song sound spread like butter on toast.

then there's the solo. too much like trying to be randy and not actually coming close. perhaps a less ambitious, more coherent guitar solo would have worked better in the track instead of one that misses a lot of parts rhythmically and melodically.

i liked the rock n roll energy of the track but the performance and mixing issues don't help the track's cause.

and i didn't even manage to mention the arrangement yet. which doesn't do anything but play the same groove throughout and then the crazy ass solo and then back to the groove to close out. there is very little writing in this track, basically.

sorry.

NO

again, this is basically a cover. Zilch arrangementwise. Drums are more of a glorified metronome to play along to than an actual part. That is to say, they're dull and repetitive with almost no attention paid to fills and transitions. No crashes, either. what's the deal there?

I personally don't think it's a bad performance, although some might. It's a hella lot better than anything I can play (which doesn't really say much.)

There's a huge void to fill in terms of audio and stereo spectrum. The extreme panned guitar actually got on my nerves while using my phones. Everything else is centered, and it makes the guitar part kind of obnoxious until the solo at 1:13.

Definitely not that close yet, man. Larry said it well with

Sequence more interesting drumwork, and expand and personalize the arrangement with your own interpretive ideas. Listen to some of the recent arrangements here to understand what typically gets posted.

Check some of Sixto or Goat's work out if you'd like to get a better idea of songs similar in style that adhere to the OCR standards. Good luck, man.

NO