OCR03321 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 'Life of a Bowling Pin'

Emunator

Let's do something silly from Twilight Princess.

ReMixer name: Hylian Lemon
Game arranged: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Name of arrangement: Life of a Bowling Pin
Songs arranged: Death Mountain (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3-ZmW9JSqQ)

This was a track that sat in revision limbo for several years after originally being intended for a friend's birthday. If I don't get rid of it now, it'll gather dust on my computer forever.

Ultimately, this is the story of a bowling pin's triumph. All he needed were some iron boots and really strong legs.

Hooo boy. This might be the most downright-fun track I've heard from Ben to date. I'm very glad this didn't just gather dust on a hard drive. The fusion of acoustic instruments with his standard 8-bit pallet heavily evokes memories of halc's formative years, but the arrangement and wild melodies is 100% Lemon. I know Chimpazilla is going to love the use of sound effects here, very cleverly integrated in a way that actually contributes to the song's momentum.

The only flaw I can really pick out here is that the marimba sample sticks out as dry and sits sort of strangely in the mix, especially on the lower notes. The arrangement here is very clearly above the bar but seeing as how this is a couple years old, the production isn't necessarily Lemon's best work. No biggie, I really enjoyed this one.

YES

Almost gets too liberal, but I hear the backing groove quite a bit, huh... maybe I'll check the source use more closely later...

Other than that, I'm gonna complain that the bass could be louder and the tonal percussion is a tad dry.  And other than that, yeah super cool.  

Goron mixes should ALWAYS be silly, because Gorons are silly.

YES

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2015/08/05 - (2Y) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 'Life of a Bowling Pin'

Pretty cool track, fun and full of creativity.  I specially liked the progression rise near the end, very demoscene sounding.  My only nitpick are the panned percussion rolls, I would have liked them to have less presence as they get repetitive after a while and sound almost at the same level at the melodies.  Nice Work, happy fun times.

YES

• Sir_NutS changed the title to *YES* Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 'Life of a Bowling Pin'
  • Sir_NutS locked this topic