*NO* Super Mario 3D World 'Les Analyses de Pubs'

Chimpazilla

The intro is way too simple and sparse.  Whoa, French rap!  My mind is melting.  I think this is such a cool concept, and the vocals are very cool.  The sounds are very generic though, and the soundscape is pretty empty and the sounds are dry through most of the track.  I think this could work if the soundscape felt more filled out, and with some reverb and/or delay on things.  You could do so much with those vocals with the right effects!  The ending is also quite abrupt.  Cool start though!

NO (resubmit)

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2015/06/29 - (1N) Super Mario 3d World 'Les analyses de pubs'

I agreed with Chimpazilla's criticisms and had some of my own to include:

The intro was anemic (:01-:10) and not melodious (:10-:21). Not sure what the point of it was, but in my opinion, it didn't add anything to the track.

Anyway, when the rap came in, things were at least more interesting. On the production side, the instrumental was too quiet compared to the vocals, so the backing music feels sparse and empty (including when the bigger beat was brought in from 1:04-1:25). The vocal layering during the chorus was effective though. 1:26-1:46's section was the coolest in terms of the blippy instrumentation, although that was brief. All of the percussion stuff from the drum machine sounded very robotic and stilted; the samples are too exposed for it, and it shouldn't sound so bland and static.

Yeah, there's basically no ending, the track just immediately wraps after a verse; oh well.

I like the vocal delivery, but not much of the instrumentation behind it, because the vocals don't sit into the music at all, and the music itself was too sparse like Chimpa said. This was very promising, but needs more sophisticated production/mixing, and a real ending.

NO

• Liontamer changed the title to 2015/06/29 - (2N) Super Mario 3D World 'Les analyses de pubs'

Not much more needs to be said here. The concept is nice, and the vocals' execution is good, but the backing track definitely needs to pack more punch. This should be MEAN, but everything has such low energy in there. You should try buffing the bass's impact (be careful though, as too much bass could make things very muddy). The distorted punches are also way too weak to be efficient. There's plenty of unused space here, don't be afraid to use it. Also, the sound design could use more attention to make your sounds more unique, and more detail work in the writing of the backing parts wouldn't hurt. And yeah, that ending is very off-putting.

Good concept, but the production needs a big buff overall and the ending needs to be reworked.

NO

• Liontamer changed the title to *NO* Super Mario 3D World 'Les Analyses de Pubs'
  • DaMonz locked this topic