*NO* Uniracers 'Unified'

Liontamer

Hey its been a long time sense I've submitted but, here it is!

http://vickscornatto.tripod.com/Files/UniRacers_Unified_OCRemix.mp3

It's from Uniracers on the SNES. A cult classic that was made to counter the sonic the hedgehog craze. I hope you enjoy it!

Oh, and if you didn't figure it out from my email, my remixer name is Vicks Cornatto, and my actual name is Paul Corey.

And I need to change my Bio, because it is very out dated. Here's the new one.

Being in bands through most of his young adult life, recording several albums, Paul always enjoys being able to sit back and just have fun some times. He has not submitted much material in a long while, but he plans to change this trend as time passes by.

-Paul C (Vicks Cornatto)

---------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=unir - "Demo Race" (unir-02.spc)

Hey, really cool to see you subbing something after such a long time away from the community Paul. Good to see something from a more overlooked game like Uniracers get some love.

Opening was decent, but lacked power with the drum kicks coming in at :08 and the synth and the keyboard w/effects :20. The energy picked up more at :42 with some solid drumwork. The keyboard sequencing sounded too rigid with the timing. Cooler stuff at 1:25 with the sequenced electric guitar-like sound. Good change in dynamics at 1:46 going back to the keyboard while having a different background.

I was notably disappointed once I compared this arrangement to the source though, as this wasn't much more beyond an enjoyable sound upgrade. The instrumentation ideas weren't different enough compared to the original and the song structure was too similar. One part I loved about the mix here was the bassline, only to realize it was basically retained verbatim from the SNES version.

You tried to personalize the approach, but IMO the interpretation factor was too low to pass, while the timing on some of the synths was too rigid. Enjoyable track, bro, but you need to do more to make it yours.

NO

• 4 weeks later...