A Link to the Past- Dark World remix

https://youtu.be/T47-2m0MpYY

Was messing around with an awesome drum beat...and it took off from there. Used Directwave, Harmor, Harmless, and the "Yam Snare". The bongo thing is "African Kit Djembe", and there's a slight delay to the second one. The synths are "Voco" from Sytrus, and "Invasion of Pumpkins" (yes, that is the name) from Harmor. The organs are Hammond Organs, and are from Harmless. The bass is DX Bass 1 FG and is also from Harmless. Obviously, it is not finished yet. I've thought of a title to this, but it might seem a little too close to a certain song...

The title I've picked is "Funky World" but that might seem a bit too close to "Funky Town". 

Tell me what you think!

Here's a lay down of what happens: (A)

0:00- Voco, the bass, and the first organ; organ is playing the main chords

0:04- the first kit comes in, and so does the snare

0:08- Invasion of Pumpkins starts and the delayed drum kit starts up

0:16- Enter the melody of A.

0:42- leads into B.                                                                                                                           

Not bad. I like the style you've chosen, but I agree with Ganae, the bass line needs MORE and I think you may want to look at your individual part dynamics.

Drums are pretty flat too. Could you mix it up a bit at 0:42, maybe add something or open up the sound of them a bit?

I will say, I do like the sound of the drums, synth, harpsichord combo. I want to hear where you are going to take this. Updates please!

...Oh yeah, and did you know the video says Lego Dimensions on it? LOL

Edited by The Nikanoru
forgot to add...

33 minutes ago, The Nikanoru said:

Not bad. I like the style you've chosen, but I agree with Ganae, the bass line needs MORE and I think you may want to look at your individual part dynamics.

Drums are pretty flat too. Could you mix it up a bit at 0:42, maybe add something or open up the sound of them a bit?

I will say, I do like the sound of the drums, synth, harpsichord combo. I want to hear where you are going to take this. Updates please!

...Oh yeah, and did you know the video says Lego Dimensions on it? LOL

Thanks. Yes. I know. I'm remaking game remixes in the hopes that someone other than Sonic gets in...on that note....

Know anyone that'd want to remake the bass part? And I'm thinking of adding "Windmill Hills" in too....

5 minutes ago, The Nikanoru said:

Not personally, but I do know AeroZ was learning to play bass for his remix An Angel's Wish for the Forest (#3295, released in January). His profile says he's at least open to the idea...

Post a thread in the Recruit and Collaborate section. I'm sure SOMEONE will help you out.

Thanks. I'll do that now.