Remix Collaboration Question

Jem

I'm not 100% sure that this topic belongs in this forum specifically, but I figure it's better to try than not bother at all.

So, even though I may be new to the forum, I have listened to OC Remixes for quite a while. I can't remix though, just because I'm simply not skilled like that. :\ Anyway, that's not my point.

Recently, I got into a few of the torrents, mainly the Kirby one (which I adore <3). And I was wondering, what specifications does one need to meet to get something like that to happen? Does one need to be a remixer themselves, or do they just have to have an idea? And when they meet that specification, how would one manage to get their project "approved" (so to speak) and put on the site for submissions?

Any help is appreciated, and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Anyone can start a remix project. Managing it is the hard part.

You can also have huge projects like the Cave Story Remix Project and Bound Together that aren't necessarily "official OCR projects" or organized on these forums, but are just as successful if not moreso.

So yeah, you don't need "qualifications" to do ANY sort of project over the internet, just be ready to deal with a lot of typical deadline excuses from project musicians, if you can even find any with free time [harder than you may think!], and people who think they know better/could run the project better than you.

Two further questions regarding projects.

Is there a minimum amount of community involvement required for a project to be instated as an official OCR project?

Say if one person did essentially all the remixing / rearranging, and the project, in terms of the community part, mainly just featured other remixers as guest artists, perhaps playing live instruments / solos here and there, or possibly contributing small pieces of the rearrangement, with most of the material (like 70-90%) coming from one person?

Second, is there any rule that states that a project has to be released / made public in one go, barring sample or teaser songs?

For example, would a project where one song was worked on by the project group at a time (as a band style collab) and then released upon completion, moving on to the next song, be possible?

Say if one person did essentially all the remixing / rearranging, and the project, in terms of the community part, mainly just featured other remixers as guest artists, perhaps playing live instruments / solos here and there, or possibly contributing small pieces of the rearrangement, with most of the material (like 70-90%) coming from one person?

IE Relics of the Chozo?

IE Relics of the Chozo?

Yeah, I suppose, Prot did a majority of the material for that, didn't he.. So I suppose there's no strict minimum?