*NO* Legend of Zelda 'Opening'

Liontamer

ReMixer name: Pseudodragon

E-Mail: pseudodragon_music@hotmail.com

remixed from: The Legend of Zelda

I was attempting to create a cinematic opening to the Legend of Zelda theme as though it would be heard in a film.

If you don't support attachments, then you can also download my remix at this address:

Thank you for your time.

-George R. Powell

Music Composer

In general, ReMixes of 2:30 or less rarely get accepted here because it is difficult to have a substantive arrangement in that period of time. 1:40 is REALLY pushing it, and I don't think we've accepted anything of that length for awhile. That said, here are my thoughts on this particular ReMix.

I am pretty fond of the arrangement here. I like the variations to the melody, harmony, and the chord progression. Conceptually, this is very sound. But before it can get interesting, it's over. It sounds like you had a lot of ideas here and I could think of at least a handful of ways you could have taken the piece and developed it further into a 3 or 4 minute arrangement. Adding percussion, increasing the tempo, key changes, bringing up the overall dynamics, adding in more symphonic elements, etc; there are so many directions you could go! Please develop it further.

I also thought the production wasn't so hot. The melody tended to be too quiet whenever it was being played, and there was a lot of muddiness in the low frequencies, either because of poor EQing or poor voicing choices. The mix is also encoded pretty low (128) when you could easily go up to 192kbps VBR and preserve more high end content. The samples did sound pretty good for the most part, aside from the piano which struck me as somewhat mechanical. I would revisit the production and take more care in mixing the parts so they are distinguishable and have room to breathe, and perhaps take a bit of time to humanize their playing. However, all things considered, I've heard a lot worse in terms of MIDI orchestration so I would concentrate on arrangement first, THEN worry about the production/execution elements.

Refine & resub please!

NO

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/zelda.zip - Track 1

I agreed with zircon's crits regarding the sound balance of the melody versus the other instrumentation, as well as the overall muddiness and crappy encoding rate. Otherwise, good sounds, good concepts, but underdeveloped. Expand it and title it something more unique and creative.

NO

I'm kind of surprised remixes of such a short length aren't automatically slapped down with the "NO OVERRIDE" stick. I'm very disappointed in terms of the shortness.

That being said, this is quite pretty. I like the eerie vibe until :29. A little muddy in terms of the mixing--a little too heavy on the mid-low end, I think.

Man, there's really not much to say other than you need to find a way to stretch this one out a bit. I just can't get over how short this is. I realize that there are some rediculously short remixes on here, pretty much all really old mixes from before the panel was created, but those days are long gone. Take my fellow J's advice on this one and then bring this one back, bro.

NO