*NO* Spy vs. Spy 'document 1'

Liontamer

Weakling AKA (but keep that a secret will ya!)

matthewlesko@gmail.com

Wounded Paw Records

Spy Vs. Spy

Main Stage Music

NES

I'm pretty high right now

This shit's punk rock. I'd appreciate any and all feedback, you guys seem like you know your shit. At least put up one of those lovely "yes or no" threads. Also I'll mail you acid. Oh yeah I'm using a ghetto mp3 converter, the song's 1:35, not 3:20. Strong hits, too.

-----------------------------------------------

Love that source tune. Been a favorite ever since CueB had that NSF rip up on the site a few years ago.

Mix enters in with an audible click, a dirty bassline, some lame sampling from some movie that showed up a few times. The variation with the instrumentation was decent (for what it was), but the textures were pretty sparse regardless.

Not much development of the ideas or interpretation of the source material here. Was basically a cover, only with crazy drums 'n shit, which'll never cut it here. You gotta do more.

And indeed, the encoding was fucked up and the track was only 1:35-long. Ended before it got started. You can hang onto your acid.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

Samples, Samples, Samples. Whatever you're using here is so dry that it's just not enjoyable to listen to. Perhaps with some proper production, this could be a lot more enjoyable. You have a lot of nifty ideas going on. Nothing boring in the arrangement given the type of song it is. But it's produced quite poorly.

And what the fuck at the song only being 1:35. I'll knock back your offer to mail me acid and suggest you use it on your computer instead.

WOAH, THE JUDGES NO'ED MY MIX, DUDE!

Beats are really muddy here... the kick is practically lost in the sub range, and the other parts are really hard to hear. The snare needs to punch me in the ear! The arrangement is not far from the original either. This really reminds me of old-school OCR mixes circa 2001. The kind of stuff CotMM, Daknit, or mutagene might do. However, our bar is considerably higher now. You're going to need to tighten up your sounds, clean up the production, and go for a much deeper arrangement.

NO