OCR03434 - Spelunky (XB360) "Turkish Coffee"

Liontamer

A treat of instrument prowess for sure! I thought the first movement was very pretty, and the rest of the arrangement was very fun, with occasional very pretty moments. I did feel like my ears could've appreciated more reference to the intro later on. The whole structure was full of fast twists and turns, but that first transition was the only one that didn't click 100% for me. The abrupt ending felt appropriate to me. The sound/production was 100% appropriate for the music, I thought. The dry and immediate mixing really brings the music close to the listener. There are some stretches where the violin playing was a little out of tune and didn't sound 100% confident, but the rest of it more than makes up for it. There's just so much packed into this arrangement yet it doesn't overstay it's welcome (feels a lot shorter than five minutes!) - it's immediately enjoyable but there are a full ton of details to take in and appreciate on multiple listens. Finally I must say - I dug the UGH!