OC ReMix presents Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog!

Liontamer

Cover

OC ReMix Presents Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog!

June 22, 2017

FAIRFAX, VA... On the final day of Sonic's 25th anniversary year (gotta go fast!), OverClocked ReMix today released its 62nd free community arrangement album, Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog. Featuring 23 tracks from 30 artists, Speeding Towards Adventures pays tribute to numerous titles from the Sonic the Hedgehog series, and is co-directed by Russian community member Stepan "Black_Doom" Sudilovsky & Dutch musician Jorrith "Jorito" Schaap. The album is available for free download at http://sonic25.ocremix.org.

Speeding Towards Adventures pulls together a deep group of musicians honoring the Sega sound team's music in a variety of styles, including rock, funk, electro swing, pop, orchestral, and more. Speeding Towards Adventures was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sega or Sonic Team; all original compositions are copyright their respective owners.

"The fast-paced addictive gameplay, vivid stages, and, of course, catchy music made my first experience of diving into Sonic universe one of the most memorable parts of my childhood," recounted album director Stepan Sudilovsky. "Then I started to learn more and more about Sonic the Hedgehog games, and they were all amazing to explore, but music remained the most enjoyable part of this entertainment." The scope of the album's game coverage starts from the original Sonic the Hedgehog and works up to 2010's Sonic Colors, tackling a full dozen Sonic games. Sudilovsky underscored the album's wide-ranging approach: "My vision for this project: cover as many games as possible, as well as to represent a variety of music genres to represent the variety of Sonic's journeys."

The album's artwork was designed by British artist Davy "Odai" Owen, who also designed the artwork for OC ReMix's 2015 Heart of a Gamer album memorializing the late Nintendo president Satoru Iwata.

"I was happy to be able to contribute some of my 'get stuff done' skills, and helping guide the album and all the people who collaborated towards the final product was a blast," affirmed album co-director Jorrith Schaap. "Really proud of the final result and I'm sure you'll enjoy the album as much as I did!"

Speeding Towards Adventures also marks OC ReMix's fifth Sonic series album, following 2013's Temporal Duality (Sonic CD), 2011's The Sound of Speed (Sonic 1), 2006's Project Chaos (Sonic 3 & Knuckles), and 2005's Hedgehog Heaven (Sonic 2).

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###