Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - Saria's Song remix "Awakening of the Forest Sage"

Furorezu

I recently got back to working on this mix and made a few arrangement changes to it in order to not make it feel too stale and add a sense of buildup throughout the entire song. It is a remix of OoT's Saria's Song done in the post-rock style, similar to the style of artists like God is an Astronaut, Explosions in the Sky and If These Trees Could Talk. I'm mainly looking for feedback on the production so far. I haven't mastered, I have mostly done a static volume mix and some EQ work but opinions and suggestions are very much appreciated. Feedback on the arrangement is also welcome. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PEbUKteyUPa4Z_teMUujtYCFx72YUT-x/view?usp=sharing

This is a really fresh idea, I've never heard Saira's Song in this kind of style, it's really nice. That said I think the song needs a shorter build, it just feels a little too long and then if you are able to change the tune of the distorted guitars, maybe a little less pitch bending and try to get some more energy into the notes. Mix sounds good for early stages, sound separation is very good and clear.

Hope that helps, keep up the good work!

As CoolBeets said I think the intro should be altered some way.  I would suggest to change the drums on the whole intro 0:00-1:26 to build up starting very softly, not to start right away with snares (0:30). For example you could start with just some cymbals that are softly played from 0:30 and start to slowly build it up to powerful drums 1:26. 

From 1:54 to 2:48 this feels kind of empty. The bass and drums are quite energetic but the guitar feels lonely. I think it's just that I kind of expect there to be something that adds more depth like pads.

Keep working on with this! 

I like the bass a lot. I like the guitar melody a little. I don't like the drums or the rhythm guitar. Not sure what's par for the genre you've picked, but I'd look into guitar production techniques, probably start with double tracking the rhythm guitar. As for the drums, I'd pretend to be a drummer and think about what I'd want to play in a given part, because the current ones are boring. Again, it might be par for the genre, but I don't think that's the case in the more intense sections. But what do I know? Listen to the best produced tracks in the genre and see what you might want to change.

Again, I like the bass a lot. Nice work with that in particular, and with the mood as well.

By chance I came across this thread while makin' the panel thread (did a search for the previous decision, found this thread), so I took the liberty of changing your tag. Hope you don't mind~!

On the version you submit, I have to say the mixing and mastering was WAY better than the older version, which speaks well for your chances on there. I won't speak for the other judges, but I personally thought it's a really cool submission that now has the production to back up the arrangement.

Good luck on the panel, by the way. ;)