Six Feet Under(water) [DKC - Aquatic Ambience]

FUSION42

4 hours ago, Souperion said:

Can't get enough of this source, can we? It's just so malleable. Your innovations flow nicely, the song still feels like it could rock someone to sleep, and there is enough variation to make it decidedly unique (at least, to me.) This is a good piece work.

Thanks!

And yes, this source is great for so many reasons.  I honestly avoided it for a long time because it's been remixed so much, but eventually caved in :D

• 2 months later...

Shortening the opening melody we're all familiar with was a nice touch for your opening that set it apart from the original song. Decent base, and I don't intend this criticism as mean, but this got very lazy/underdeveloped/repetitive. Once you got to 2:03, the rest was cut and pasted from :50's section, even down to the little original stutter section from 1:37 being repeated verbatim again at 2:51. The repeated sections are all the same intensity with 0 variation, so the track ultimately plods along.

This is a solid genre adaptation for now, but it was relatively straightforward melodically and didn't realize its potential. In this current form, I would reject it on the judges panel, but strongly recommend a resubmission because the interpretation here is well in the right direction.

You should be developing/interpreting this further; that doesn't mean you need to add super-pronounced, bombastic dynamic contrast or throw in grace notes and original writing for the sake thereof, but you do need some sort of variations after 2:03 through some combination of tempo, rhythm, melodic variation, additional notes, original countermelodies, different instrumentation, textures, or effects. Thing about what more you can do, even subtly, to further develop this. Keeping your BotW ReMix in mind, you're more than capable of making this DKC arrangement something more.

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have returned it to Work-in-Progress status, indicating that I think there are some things you still need to work on. After you work on your track and feel that you'd like some more feedback, please change the prefix back to Ready for Review and I'll review it again! Good luck!