Contact Information

-My ReMixer name: Gerard White Koe
-My real name: Gerardo Navarrete
-My website: https://gerardwhitemusic.bandcamp.com/album/-  
-My userid: "35273"

Submission Information

-Name of game(s) arranged: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
-Name of arrangement: Gohma
-Name of individual song(s) arranged: Boss Battle, Kokiri Forest, Deku Tree Theme

Hope you like it! :)

Edited by Rexy

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is an interesting arrangement.  But the production needs a lot of work.

• It's far too quiet overall.  Some parts are too loud--most of the SFX, some of the horns--but overall it's hard to hear.  Especially before 1:00, where there's a sharp jump for some reason, it's nearly inaudible.
  • The horns in the intro are distorted.  They sound like they were originally too loud to the point where they pumped, then the volume decreased afterwards.  The same is true for the whole section from 3:45-6:08.
  • All the the instrument playing is very mechanical, especially the staccato stabs, which are far too rigidly timed.  Also some of the horn and flute stabs run together and sound like one long note.
  • The soundscape is very limited.  Often there's a lead, a too-quiet bass, and percussion.  It sounds thin and incomplete.
  • It's very medley-ish.  There's the boss theme, then Kokiri Forest, then the Deku Tree.  They don't really blend into each other.

These aren't the only issues, but they're the big ones to get you started.  I strongly recommend you take this to the workshop after addressing these issues to get more feedback before submitting again.

NO

• MindWanderer changed the title to 2019/08/12 - (1N) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Gohma"
  • 1 month later...

yeah, i agree with most all of what MW said. there's a lot of non-idiomatic writing here, and the samples are pretty limited. you are very adventurous with what you have, and that's really hard to do! i appreciate the attempts. as a whole it sounds like everything has intense compression on it to make it feel 'loud', and i think that's exacerbating the low-quality feel of the samples overall.

the arrangement is pretty adventurous, which is pretty hip. i liked the unique combination of instruments, but agree with MW that it doesn't have the depth we'd assume an orchestral (or orchestral rock) concept would have. i definitely recommend spending some time in the workshop as this sounds like it'll need a few iterations to get up to the OCR bar.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

In the intro, the piano sounds very rigid and some of the chords don't feel right.  Whoa, those horns.  They are definitely too loud, and the samples are weak. In the section starting at 1:07, the track peaks at 2db, which is way too loud.  It sounds very overcompressed overall.  It seems like no final limiter was put on this track.    I appreciate the arrangement ideas, but the samples aren't strong enough nor are they sequenced well enough to pull it off.  This needs quite a bit more work.  I agree with prophetik that hitting up the workshop could be beneficial to getting this track up to OCR standards.  Cool ideas, keep working on it!

NO

• Rexy changed the title to *NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Gohma"
  • Rexy locked this topic