*NO* Final Fantasy 6 'Magic Inside Me'

Liontamer

Hi to DJpretzel and the other OCR judges. I did a remix of a song from Final Fantasy VI and I thought I would share with you and submit it to OCRemix.

You can download the ReMix here: (this is my own webspace, so it won't risk of getting deleted and the host has 99% uptime so if it go down it should be back up later)

Here is the info about the ReMix

-Name of game remixed: Final Fantasy VI

-Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: Terra theme (first world map song)

-I am a big techno/euro/trance music fan and I liked the Terra theme a lot in Final Fantasy VI for the SNES. In fact, it's my favourite song in the game, and the way it is arranged I thought I would make a Trance version of the song. I used MTV Music Generator on a Playstation emulator to make the song and Audacity to record it. It start very smooth, and after half a minute approximately the club beat start with all the techno/trance effects from the late 1990s (as the MTV Music Generator software date back in 1999). I love piano in trance so I thought I would go with piano with this ReMix. I hope you like it and that it deserves being added on OCRemix. I will look forward for your reviews and comments so I can improve it if needed. :)

Here is my contact information:

-ReMixer name: DJ Omnimaga

-E-mail address: omnimaga@gmail.com

-Forum userid: 54053

And ocremix rocks!

-----------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ff6 - "Tina" (ff6-201.spc)

LIGHTNING ROUND! (stolen from The Wingless)

*Decent, though a simplistic/by-the-numbers trance adaptation

*Various sounds are imbalanced; beats and arpeggiated rhythms possibly dominate the soundscape too much

*Arrangement isn't comprehensive to begin with, and simply repeats verbatim at 2:23 until 3:40/the end

NO

MTV Music Generator? Haha, Wow. As far as I can remember we've never gotten a submission made this way. There's probably a good reason for that, though.

Not the worst trance arrangement I've heard, but the balance is really bad, the production is sloppy (you can hear clicking at the beginning when certain samples attack). Also, as Larry said the repeat at the end doesn't help your case.

In the future, you'll probably want to use a more capable tool like Fruityloops or Reason, as MTV Music Generator doesn't give you a whole lot of options on the production end. Though I'm not certain on this, I doubt you can do any kind of compression, eqing, or the like.

NO

• 2 weeks later...