*NO* Cave Story 'Grass Attack'

Liontamer

Hello djpretzel.

I've recently created a remix of the song "On To Grasstown" from the game 'Cave Story' that I thought I could submit. No it was not a midi with changed tracks ( doubt one exists at the moment anyway ) and it's not the original with a couple added drum loops. I'm personally rather pleased with it, but it must be because it was my first remix.

This song was made entirely under Garageband. As the Mac I used was at school, I couldn't listen to the original at the same time I made it. The outcome came out better than I expected. My only problem is that the song doesn't deviate very far from the original melody. My inspiration came from hearing the original song and instantly becoming in love with it. After hearing the remix at the Cave Story Remix Project, I couldn't help but give my own technoish style attempt. ( I figured techno would fit it best. )

Anyways, on with some required information.

I'm a new remixer who goes by 'LarkSS'. I'm not all into this kind of thing, but I enjoy doing it every now and then. I did say that this is my first remix, it's just that other attempts never really were completed as I didn't like how they began.

My email address is wssonic_soft@hotmail.com

The name of the game remixed is 'Cave Story' like I mentioned before.

The name of the song remixed is 'On to Grasstown'.

The new name given to the remix is 'Grass Attack'.

I think that basically concludes it. I added the appropriate tags and all to the song already. You can download and evaluate it here:

-LarkSS

P.S. Any comments on why it is/isn't accepted is appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------

Doukutsu Monogatari OSV - (11) "On to Grasstown"

Cool source. Sounds like Kirby stuff.

LIGHTNING ROUND! (stolen from The Wingless)

*Despite not being a rip, it might as well be one; structure, tempo, rhythms are basically the same as the originals; only the sound choices differ substantially

*Some observable additive writing, but nothing significant enough in an expansive sense

*1:35 rehashes :27 of the arrangement verbatim, sans some woodwind stuff on top (3:01's a fairly limited time to be completely retreading ideas rather than coming up with new ones); nothing new until 2:35's ending section

*Beatwork is repetitive, effects and processing are bland, textures are thin (e.g. an overly simplistic and exposed drum like the one from 1:12-1:23 always sounds really beginner-ish)

NO

• 3 weeks later...

There has been no change to the key, tempo, rhythm, or overall structure here. While your sound samples certainly provide a more sonically pleasing version of the piece, that's all it is: a setting with different instrumentation. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy it! But alas, it is not a remix. You'll have to do much more with arrangement before this piece will pass. At least the production's solid.

NO