HEROES TRIUMPH with BadAss: Paragons & Renegades!!

Liontamer

Cover

HEROES TRIUMPH with BadAss: Paragons & Renegades!!

December 1, 2020

FAIRFAX, VA... THE WORLD NEEDS HEROES!! OverClocked ReMix today released its 75th arrangement album, BadAss: Paragons & Renegades. Rather than marshaling a fourth BadAss album centered on video game villains, BadAss album series directors David L. Puga & Pieter "Pavos" van Os have returned with a new focus, celebrating several of the most BadAss heroes of video games. The two-disc album features 18 unflinching arrangements that honor both stoic & heroic "paragons" as well as bold & audacious "renegades" in styles and genres including cinematic orchestral, piano, rock, EDM, punk, funk, and more.

BadAss: Paragons & Renegades is available for free download at https://badass-pr.ocremix.org. This album was made to highlight how BadAss these video game protagonists are, and honor them with music worthy of their heroics. BadAss: Paragons & Renegades was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by any of the publishers or developers of the original games; all original compositions are copyright their respective owners.

"I felt like the trilogy was complete and I did everything I could with the BadAss formula," shared album co-director Pieter "Pavos" van Os. "But David and I (and others) always teased each other with 'Well, one day there should be a GoodAss…' And since GoodAss isn't a great name, and since we went for a separation of genres (bombastic and/or more peaceful on disc 1, and way more aggressive and raw on disc 2), this is: Paragons & Renegades! And who knows, perhaps there will be a Paragons & Renegades: Volume 2 in the future?"

21 artists from around the world collaborated on musical tributes to many of gaming's most heroic (and some unlikely!) champions, including:

• Caleb (Blood)
  • Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)
  • Crono (Chrono Trigger)
  • Death (Darksiders II)
  • Doom Slayer (Doom series)
  • Duke Nukem (Duke Nukem 3D)
  • Earthworm Jim
  • Eshe (Sundered)
  • Ezio Auditore da Firenze (Assassin's Creed series)
  • Fi (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
  • Firebrand (Gargoyle's Quest)
  • Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher 3)
  • Madeline (Celeste)
  • Magus (Chrono Trigger)
  • Nero (Devil May Cry 5)
  • Samus Aran (Metroid series)
  • Simon Belmont (Super Castlevania IV)
  • ToeJam & Earl

BadAss: Paragons & Renegades is OC ReMix's fourth album in the BadAss series, turning over a new leaf after the villain-centric predecessor albums of BadAss: Volumes I, II & III released in 2011, 2013, and 2016.

"This is a hero-themed album & maybe we can all use a reminder to better days when defeating evil and being a hero was as simple as loading up a game and pressing a few buttons," recommends co-director David L. Puga. "It's become harder to see the better days, and even harder to see the heroism in the world. My hope is that this album leaves you energized, feeling badass, and most importantly, with some good-ass memories."

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###

Right on! This was such a fun listen, thanks for making my night an enjoyable one. Whenever I see a new OCRemix album pop up I know I'm in for a good time, and that did not change with this one.

And I hope you were able to find that "fun" again David :), and this should go without saying but I'm going to say it anyways, keep doing the great work that you do OCommunity, it's appreciated by a lot of people, trust me, even if we don't always come in here and post about it.