Tifa's Theme - orchestral version (Final Fantasy VII)

BenEmberley

I'm curious about the vsts and maybe even the DAW you use. I think sometimes I hear an idea that may actually work well but maybe the lack of legato impedes the sound. One way you can kinda fake it is to start overlapping sustains and really play around with them so it seems like they transition smoothly. They could just be a bit too dry too given their quality and that makes them pop out too much. 

Agree with @HarlemHeat360 the legato, dynamics, and articulations are missing from this arrangement.

It could be your orchestral VST but the samples are also pretty dry. I don’t have much experience with orchestral production (mainly use strings and horns as pads in the background) but you need to be automating a lot when it comes to orchestral work, especially when it comes to the dynamics and legato to add realism. Christian Henson is a good resource for working with orchestra midi 

It sucks a decent orchestral VST is like $500+ but I’d recommend getting a Spitfire Audio bundle at some point. 

Keep at it!