ENSLAVED 'No Death In Love' - Vocal House ReMix. Vocalist FOUND :)

Here's a house mix of No Death In Love from Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

The original here is absolutely one of my favourite songs of all-time. Amazing vocals, gorgeous melodies, simple but haunting chords with a real cinematic flair. I really want to try and capture the feel of the track whilst giving it a modern house edge.

Most instrument sounds here are placeholders at the moment, and I'm using the original isolated vocals in here. I really wish I could use them in the final version, but I am almost certain it's against the rules? I'm thinking I will need to find a female vocalist to re-record these vocals. I'd love the original feel to stay intact, but am completely open to somebody making it their own... get in touch! :)

EDIT: SirenStar has kindly jumped on for vocal duties. I'm very excited now! :D :D :D

Anyways, this is simple and straight to the point so far, lots of things to add and vary up. 

Let me know what you think so far!

Edited by AkumajoBelmont
Grammar

3 hours ago, AkumajoBelmont said:

I really wish I could use them in the final version, but I am almost certain it's against the rules? I'm thinking I will need to find a female vocalist to re-record these vocals.

You're correct on both counts. We do have stuff that extensively uses sampled lyrics from original songs, but those are grandfathered in and wouldn't be allowed these days. Let's find you a vocalist, Robbie! :-)

34 minutes ago, Liontamer said:

You're correct on both counts. We do have stuff that extensively uses sampled lyrics from original songs, but those are grandfathered in and wouldn't be allowed these days. Let's find you a vocalist, Robbie! :-)

Thanks Larry! The hunt is on! :)

Here are the lyrics; It includes a smattering of French, so there's that too!

I'll stop the rain for you
And steal the sun.
Finding you was...
There's no death in love.
(Je vous attends...)
Heart of fire.
(Je vous attends...)
I'll wait for you.
(Je vous attends...)
(Je vous attends...)
I'll wait for you...

Ice cold, in the dark,
My heart's a stone.
Emptier still,
C'est mon coeur glacé.
This frozen heart
Crush my fears
Melting for you.

(Je vous attends...)
(Je vous attends...)
I wait for you...

Edited by AkumajoBelmont

• AkumajoBelmont changed the title to ENSLAVED 'No Death In Love' - Vocal House ReMix. Vocalist FOUND :)

Just a quick WIP update. I've cut out the extraneous (at the moment) stuff from the end. I've added some strings, some extra percussive elements and synths. The strings and synth need a lot of work; so do my transitions, especially the build up to the beat drop. I'll add in a lot more over the weekend, and hopefully start to lengthen the track. Keep an eye out for more progress WIP's here!

I'm also thinking that I'm going to replace the synth guitar in the second 'verse' with something else.

Anyways, let me know what you think so far, all feedback is welcome!!! :)

Edited by AkumajoBelmont

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. I've given this a bit of a revamp, and settled on my sounds and samples, and I've filled it out a bit. I have cut the intro verse out of this WIP, since it needs a lot of work. I still need to add more fills and effects.

Next WIP should have an updated intro to it. After that, I plan on working on the final strip down, build up and balls-to-the-wall dance break that it will finish on.

Let me know what you think! :)

Edited by AkumajoBelmont