Audio uploads in the comment fields only playable when logged in

Master Mi

Go to solution Solved by DarkeSword,

I had recently uploaded a few audio files of mine (4 MP3 files with 192bit/s) in the thread "Cleaning up the low-end and low-mid sections in a mix - with single track EQ, master track EQ, EQed aux effect sends and other methods" within the "Music Composition & Production" section of the forum for the purpose of presenting different mixing approaches in my comment field.

The uploaded audio samples worked perfectly at first, but then suddenly stopped playing - until I found out that they only stopped playing after I had logged out with my OCRemix account.

After I logged in, however, they worked again and could be played.

For a quick search of the audio uploads - these can be found under this link in my comment from December 27, 2023:
https://ocremix.org/community/topic/52614-cleaning-up-the-low-end-und-low-mid-sections-in-a-mix-with-single-track-eq-master-track-eq-eqed-aux-effect-sends-and-other-methods/

Then I tested the whole thing with my own image uploads and a video upload of mine (to be found in the thread "Creating a realistic impression of depth in stereo mixes" in the forum section "Music Composition & Production").

And there - even when I was logged out - I was able to view the uploaded images and watch the uploaded video myself.

For a quick search of the video - it can be found under this link below my comment with the small underlined subheading "Visual tools for creating a realistic impression of depth in stereo mixes" from April 17, 2023:
https://ocremix.org/community/topic/49135-creating-a-realistic-impression-of-depth-in-stereo-mixes/

Don't know if it follows some kind of intention that only uploaded content like audio samples in a comment field can't be played when logged out.
But maybe it's just some unintentional stuff that can be fixed.

Edited by Master Mi

• Master Mi changed the title to Audio uploads in the comment fields only playable when logged in

Awesome, dude. ))

Really amazing working spirit, even at the possible vacation times at the end of the year.
Problem's totally solved - no further request incoming for 2023 (at least not from me).

Guess it's always wise to have a passionate white IT mage in the party.

-----------------------------------
"Well... that was impressive.
You have earned your reward... and your freedom."
-----------------------------------------------------------------

As a reward you radically deserve a decent 7-course dinner.

But since I've almost finished mine, I'd give you the radically legendary "Joy 'n' Fluffiness Gold Award" instead, which has been successfully treasured in the depths of the internet:

Carrying it like a daily accessory in your life, it should be some kind of a lucky charm which might lower your attack and defence stats or even block your amgery (limit break) bar, but it will reduce your stress level, drastically boost the kinda mystical "luck" stat or even unlock some good ol' memories music-wise.

But now you need to take a well-deserved break from work and have a good nap (just the special final fantasy regulations in employment law), have an interesting video game evening with friends or family, put on some good music or even continue composing your own passionate music project.

Happy New Year to the OCRemix community. ))

Edited by Master Mi