OCR04539 - Final Fantasy VIII "The Tolls of Stringent Obligation"

• 2 weeks later...

Out of all the songs on the SeeDs of Pandora album, there are about 15 of them that I was absolutely stoked to have covered, and a dozen out of those that were absolute highlights and gems for me, in the end.

This is one of them.

"The Landing" from FFVIII is not only the opening scene of the game, (and by proxy, what introduces you to their world and gets you hyped for what's in store--I know it hyped the shit out of me, as a kid), it's one of my top five songs in the game on the whole, and I am SO, SO glad it was remixed. ...And when I found out it was to be an ode to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra AND "Carol of the Bells"? ...I do not think simple words could express how excited I was to hear this. And 'lo, it delivers, in spades!

As usual, Zack's wondrous orchestral goodness smacks you across the cheek, only to have that love-tap be gingerly doused with tasty guitar licks and laced with the cherry that are those tubular bells. Everyone who collabed on this did a striking and fantastic job, "The Landing" being given the depth and breadth it deserved--in my opinion--and I'm certainly glad for the praise this has gotten and *finally* given the spotlight on the front-page. Well deserved, Zack & crew, and as always, I look forward to the next posts by you guys!

Forever and always, keep up the good work and fighting the good fight. ♥

• 2 months later...