*NO* Croc "Cave 3"

Liontamer

Basically a sound palette change, though I liked the tone of things. Basically could be a MIDI rip for all I know. The claps sounded very barebones and exposed, but at least there was some attention given towards making this sound spookier. Needs more melodic interpretation as well as overall dynamics and variation over time; right now, everything's pretty by the numbers and the core beat plodded over time. Fun, but just a cover and an underdeveloped arrangement, I'm afraid, Str1ctur3. But keep adapting things and seeing how you can add more of your own personality and ideas into the picture for these sound upgrade renditions and you may just walk into a more interpretive arrangement over time.

NO

would need a real title if it passed.

this is a pretty basic original - just the bass riff and the whistle synth - so i'd need to see some pretty transformative elements to make this pass the bar. to my ears, there isn't much arrangement here at all - this sounds essentially like you've taken the existing parts (even some of the drum lines) and put better sounds on them. i think the better sounds sound better! but there's nowhere near the transformative arrangement we require as part of 4.2 in the submission standards.

NO

I'm down to see a Croc arrangement on the site in some form - that OST has some fantastic jams.  But unfortunately, I concur with the barebones borderline MIDI-rip approach that Larry and Brad brought up.  I'm hearing a palette change with no writing transformation, some very exposed and reverb-heavy drums, no articulation on your melodic instrumentation, and overall, no development.  It would have had a direct rejection if you submitted it under the old email system.

Don't feel discouraged, though.  You have the workshop for research on interpretation and production, and for asking for feedback, so please keep working on your craft.  Hang in there.

NO

Edited by Rexy

• Rexy changed the title to *NO* Croc "Cave 3"
  • Rexy locked this topic