OCR04697 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages "Fate of a Goddess"

Emunator

Artist Name: Gaspode

I stumbled across this beautiful melody, which is only 15 seconds long. But I tried to remix it anyway.
Over time the remix grow in a strange kind of way, unlike a real song-structure this is more like meandering.

Games & Sources

Name of game(s) arranged:
»The Legend Of Zelda – Oracle Of Ages«

Name of individual song(s) arranged:
»Nayru’s Song«

Just timing out the low-hanging fruit of what I recognized from the source: 1:09.5-1:44.5, 2:02-2:19.5, 2:36.75-2:54, 3:03-4:08.5

Sounded like a pretty extended intro segment without much reference to the source, but after 1:09, it was there most of the way, so the source usage not being enough wasn't a factor.

Short and sweet, I thought the melodic and rhythmic variations were creatively done. Some of the sound design could have been tweaked, but it's more of a personal taste thing, so I won't bother timestamping it; besides, the overall sound design and mixing are solid and give a good amount of energy to the arrangement. It's ready!

YES

agree the opening is extended and doesn't appear to be directly related to the original. with such a short original, though, i don't mind. the chord pattern at 0:34 starts to fit the original (not exact), though, and then we start to get the melodic content in a very expanded method at 1:10 or so. i really dig the beat here, and the use of big wide chord stacks with tons of high-end content is a really neat way to represent this.

there's a big break at 1:42 or so, and this is a good thing to give some space to the opening section's heavier beat. it also provides nice contrast to the big blocks at 2:15 and gives them more impact. that section has a ton of verve, and the following bouncier section at 2:54 has some neat new sounds that fit the vibe well. key change at 3:30 helps keep things interesting, and it's a straight shot to the end from there.

this is a great adaptation of a simple, short original. there's a lot of variety of synths used within a fairly narrow palette, and i appreciate the overall shape of the track as well as it flows from section to section. nice job.

YES

• 1 month later...

Shoutouts to the Zelda series for really encouraging people to make the most of these 15 second sources - gems like this are all over the place in the series and I love hearing what people can do with them!

This is some classic Gaspode action right from the start - bright, crispy synths with some varied electro-industrial percussion loops and a meaty bassline. The big chord stabs give this more of a synthwave feel. The breathy synth lead at 1:45 was certainly a sound design highlight, which then leads into a really cool syncopated rhythm at 2:20 that also stood out to me. We're barely halfway through and you've already explored so many possible avenues to expand on the source, and there's still a brand new synth brass lead, some low piano bass notes, and a whole keychange, . None of this feels off the beaten path for you, but the way you brought it all together still feels ambitious and fresh.

No notes, this is great stuff Gaspode!

YES

This is one of the few Zelda games I have not played.  (I know, the horror!!!)  Yeah the intro has no source, and it's long, but it's super duper cool.  Plenty of source once the intro is done.  Production is great, I expect nothing less from Gaspode.  Great interpretations of the melody, tons of detail and ear candy.  I love the bright synths and heavy bass and meaty kick.  Good stuff!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR04697 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages "Fate of a Goddess"
  • Chimpazilla locked this topic