OCR04657 - Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon "Photogenic Ghosts"

Nice seeing this posted. I agree with the judges comments about the timings on the intro, I had a hard time adjusting the shuffles to a degree I was 100% satisfied. I kinda just left what satisfied me the most haha.

I don't like to complain about judge comments too much, but this one left me so confused:

It kind of comes out of nowhere, plus it's a little weird to have this elaborate solo on synthesizer when you have a guitarist.

Like... what?! The track even has a guitar solo near the outro. It must be the weirdest comment I've gotten from an OCR judge. It's a live solo played on the keys, I don't see how that's anything weird or unusual at all.

15 hours ago, jnWake said:

Like... what?! The track even has a guitar solo near the outro. It must be the weirdest comment I've gotten from an OCR judge. It's a live solo played on the keys, I don't see how that's anything weird or unusual at all.

I think he meant the shift into the solo having a change in tempo made it seem like the solo (regardless of instrument) came out of nowhere. But I understand that it can be read like that as well.

---

I actually love this style you found for yourself, with a funky synth/guitar palette. Also love to see more Goemon ReMixes on the site. I have one in the pipeline from 2016. :-)