*NO* Donkey Kong Country 2 "Forest Wave"

Posted (edited)

Artist Name: Kuri

This is probably my favorite song in DKC2. David Wise is awesome and what he was able to pull off with the limited space of the SNES was nothing short of amazing. Forest Interlude just has a vibe of its own right up there with Stickerbush Symphony. Every time I play through DKC2 I find myself humming and beat boxing a long with the tracks or adding my own twist to it while I sing along. This arrangement is the manifestation of just that. A beat I heard in my head that I felt would compliment Forest Interlude. It was a lot of fun to make. 

Games & Sources

The game I've used as a source is Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. The song I chose is Forest Interlude.  The composer is David Wise who as most of us know crafted some amazing music for the DKC series. 

Here is a link to the aforementioned song: 

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

opens with a big city beat and some similar synth swoops and string elements. the backing elements sound almost like they're just the original downtuned with the beat over top. in fact, they sound like that so much that i don't think there's any arrangement here at all. unfortunately i don't think this fits the Standards as a result - there's no transformative arrangement at all here. section 4.2. calls out this track's arrangement technique specifically as not being what we host here.

it's a cool beat! but there'd need to be a lot done to make it fit as a result.

NO

Yup, I recognize the backing loop elements from the source - what you did sounds great, and I do hear the efforts made to chop up and personalize it, but it's not what we're looking for in terms of arrangement here at OCRemix. I'm sure this sort of thing could have an audience on Youtube or Soundcloud, but it's just not what we're looking for. Sorry!

NO

It does sound great!  But yeah, this arrangement is much too simplistic, conservative and repetitive for OCR.  We are looking for re-interpretations of the source songs, with variations and original ideas added, proper arrangements (intro, build, verse, chorus, breakdown, chorus, outro etc.).  This sounds like a fun romp through the original song with a beat added.  If the original song was ripped and downtuned, I can't exactly tell, but if so, that cannot be included in an OCR arrangement.  I actually really like this concept and direction, just needs more personalization for OCR.

NO

• Liontamer changed the title to *NO* Donkey Kong Country 2 "Forest Wave"