*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (GEN & WIN) 'My Little Blue Friend'

Liontamer

Hi fellow remixers (and larry),

Remixer name: Shraker Nops

Link: (but just incase, I've attached it to this e-mail aswell)

I've noticed that the music from the PC EDITION (S&K Collection) of S3&K hasn't been remixed yet. A few (like 4 or so) songs from the PC version are differnt. Yes. Icecap is one of them. I never heard the Icecap as it is known untill a long time after I played the game.

PC Icecap link:

(The PC edition was midi, so this is EXACTLY how it sounds.)

I decided to combine the Icecap music from both versions; the pc, and the orginal. And the bridge between the SG version and the PC version is a little clip from F-zero. No idea why I though it in there, it just kinda fit.

If you have any questions you need asking just email me at my personal email

adress: (REMOVE THIS EMAIL ADRESS AFTER CUZ I DONT WAN'T SPAM)

Oh, and I just want to give a shout out to ocremixfan for being such a great help in the fourms.

- Shraker Nops

PS. I hate the smell (and taste) of pretzels but I LOVE this site. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do reviewing the reviews and doing all that stuff.

------------------------------------------------

For the record, I make ReMixes in my head; they're amazingz.

http://project2612.org/download.php?id=61 - IceCap Zone 1

http://www.teamartail.com/midi/sonic3/icecap_act1_pc.mid - IceCap Zone 1

The note movements are meant to sound smooth, but every instrument in the intro moves from note to note in exactly the same way, making things seem robotic. A really tacky and thin electric guitar synth arrived at 1:04 followed by some ultra flimsy beats at 1:12. Is this overly simplistic and repetitive groove really gonna get the job done?

The F-Zero cameo had no purpose there as a transition point (scrap it), and the immediate shift into the syrupyness of the PC IceCap theme at 2:15 was merely jarring. At this point, thoughts about the arrangement are lost amidst the issue that the sequencing of the synth guitar is really rigid and the tone of the sample is ugly. The balance among the instruments needs massive work; stuff tends to clutter horribly when lots of sounds are going on at once.

Too loud, too abrasive, too mechanical-sounding. Samples are too thin. Arrangement is too conservative. The arrangement approach is personalized with the sound choices, but not significantly interpretive. Oof. Everything's ultra-rough here, bro. Words of encouragement are gonna have to come from another source. You just need to learn more about production and develop arrangement ideas that are more creative.

NO

• 1 month later...

There is no chance in hell of this passing with the fake guitar sounding THAT bad. I think we should make a new rule where if you use fake guitar as the main instrument and you can tell, it's auto-reject.

Beats are basic, background sounds are basic. Arrangement was ok, but still on the basic side.

Fairly simple NO

The guitar did indeed sound very fake and distorted, but not in a nice way. The whole arrangement is much too simple, and the production quality overall is not too great. There are some nice changes to the melody here and there, but this isn't up to the OC standard. Keep working on mixing and make use of the WIP forums for peer feedback.

NO