*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Hydrocity Zone Act 2 (Why_ Mix)"

Would need a new name if approved -LT

Artist Name: Why_

It didn't let me upload the file so I got you guys a google drive link to the file.

I hope you guys like this this will be my first submission here this is one of my personal favorite mixes I've made.

Link to my YouTube video for this song in case you guys need it:

Edited by Chimpazilla
closed decision

opens with a really peppy beat right off the bat. roughly the first minute of the track appears to be a sound upgrade off the midi, with a much better drumloop and better synths throughout. it's mastered well and i can hear a lot of the different bleeps and bloops well, so that's great. there's a build section that's original with the original's bassline at 1:01, so that's where the arrangement really gets cooking. there's a fun dubstep-like section at about 1:17, but that does seems like the majority of the arrangement for the track - about 30s out of ~135. there's a copypasta section at 1:47 of 0:32, and this continues through almost the end before we see any variation again.

i think this has too much that isn't Why_ in it. most of the first minute and the last thirty seconds are all pretty much straight from the midi with new synths and a nice beat over it. there's a great break section at 1:01 and the arranged A theme at 1:17 shows that you've got the chops! so i'd say to lean into your arrangement more and don't rely so heavily on the original for what you're doing through there. more personalization can only help out! beyond that, there's too much copypasta - in a track that is only 138s long, i counted about 30s of copy, which is way too much for such a short work.

this is a hip track! make it more your own and it'll definitely have a place on our site.

NO

Quick co-sign with Brad - this is surprisingly well produced, mixed, and mastered, but the arrangement hews a little too close to the original material for how short of an arrangement this is. There's a TON of potential here and the good news is that your production is already solid, I wouldn't suggest changing much about that at all. But the arrangement itself needs to differentiate itself more from the source material and/or add some more interpretive components to the mix. If you can do that, you'll have an easy winner here!

NO (resubmit)

This mix does sound very well produced!  But ultimately it is a midi-rip of the source.  I downloaded the original and since the BPMs are identical I was easily able to cut and duplicate the sections that went into this arrangement, it is the source arrangement with some of the sections stretched just slightly to extend the arrangement, but other than that it is the same almost note for note.  We need more than that for this track to be an OC ReMix, but as the guys said this sounds great and there are some cool unique bits in there.  We'd love to have a more personalized version of this on the site!  Hope to hear it again.

NO

• Chimpazilla changed the title to *NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Hydrocity Zone Act 2 (Why_ Mix)"
  • Chimpazilla locked this topic