• Your ReMixer name : tibone
  • Your real name : Juliano Flores
  • Your email address : tibone@gmail.com
  • Your website :
  • Your userid (number, not name) on our forums

ReMix Info

• Name of game(s) ReMixed : R.C Grand Prix
  • Name of individual song(s) ReMixed : Main Theme
  • Additional information about game if it has not yet been added to the site, including composer, system, etc. : Sega Master System - composer : Scott Marshall
  • Link to the original soundtrack if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site : http://www.smspower.org/music/vgm/unapproved/R.C._Grand_Prix.zip
  • Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

Rock/metal version of the song,

Remix unique name : Batteries Not Included

Link :

Hopefully , its good enough.

Thanks, regards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.smspower.org/music/vgm/unapproved/R.C._Grand_Prix.zip - "Main Theme"

Thanks for the source tune link. This was pretty average rock with the potential to be stronger. The drum writing was alright, but the tone was pretty weak and added no power or drive to the arrangement. The guitar tone felt the same way to me; it unfortunately had no edge to it.

Key change at 1:04 changed things up a little while playing some more basic chords on top of the foundation of the original. Segued at 1:25 into some audio clips from the original with some riffs thrown in, retaining the structure of the original. Conceptually, I liked the WANKFEST MEEDLEY-ME FREESTYLE (!) from 1:47-2:29, but the guitar tone still suffered from having no meat to it.

Try to think up additional arrangement ideas to increase the interpretation factor; right now, this follows the structure really closely without the tone and style of your performance compensating for the conservative interpretation. I feel like the arrangement ultimately didn't go anywhere; the intensity was generally the same the whole time, no particularly dynamic changeups, a fadeout ending that was decent but not strong, and a performance that had good intentions but felt devoid of energy. The performance unfortunately felt flat, so you need to devote your energies to getting meatier sounds out of your instruments and programs.

NO

• 1 month later...

This is a solid, well-done mix in terms of performance & execution. But it sticks very close to the original in almost every way. Unfortunately we need more than just a cover or rock adaptation here. 1:26 to 1:45 or so doesn't really work for me either. The sounds aren't interesting enough to merit that big breakdown. Maybe if you did some crazy gating or rhythmic sequencing. The soloing over the original progression was of course welcome but you gotta go for more than that. Add more of your own riffs, change the chords, write an original intro or outtro, vary the melody, change the texture, etc.

Production seemed OK but somewhat bland in terms of the sonic choices. I hate to say it but we've heard this exact setup on hundreds of mixes with most of the tones being nearly identical. Not a deal killer if the arrangement is really superb, but that isn't the case here. Also I recommend EQing the highs up on the master track as the whole mix sounds filtered or slightly dulled.

NO

Like zircon said, this is executed very well, and the guitar performance is great, but the arrangement just isn't ambitious enough. You need to make it more your own. In this case, the guitar solo just isn't enough.

Look forward though to hearing more, cause this is a great and tight track.

NO