Captain N - The Game Master is on DVD

BabyfaceGlasses

Yesterday marked the release of Captain N on dvd. A fan of Saturday morning cartoons, this was one of my favorites for obvious reasons. (Simon Belmont and Mega Man fighting Mother Brain and King Hippo!?!) I think the show gets a lot of unfair criticism from purists, but its a lot of fun. I'd love to see the Cap in a game like Smash Bros. Anyone else pick this up yesterday?

I bought the DVDs. Watched the first disc last night.

It's really not that good of a show. The writing is poor (even for a children's show), the animation is choppy at times, and the writers obviously never played the games they amalgamated.

I mean, Metroid is a lifeform... not a goddamn planet.

I don't think this show received any unfair criticism. It's a half-assed effort.

I bought the DVDs. Watched the first disc last night.

It's really not that good of a show. The writing is poor (even for a children's show), the animation is choppy at times, and the writers obviously never played the games they amalgamated.

I mean, Metroid is a lifeform... not a goddamn planet.

I don't think this show received any unfair criticism. It's a half-assed effort.

I totally agree. It shows the creators of the cartoon knew little if anything about their source material. I had somewhat fond memories of it as a child (though even back then their portrayal of Megaman rubbed me the wrong way), but had dl'd a few eps about 3 or so years ago, which pretty much shattered them (to a slightly lesser extent the same thing happened with the Super Mario Bros Super Show, but that became more easily mocked between some friends and I..."Take one step, and then again...").

(to a slightly lesser extent the same thing happened with the Super Mario Bros Super Show, but that became more easily mocked between some friends and I..."Take one step, and then again...").

Heh, I have the Super Show DVDs too, and I got more fun out of making fun of it with my friends instead of just watching it by myself.

Capt. N...I'm not so sure about getting. I remember the show fondly, even though I can't recall a single specific episode. All I can remember is the semi-live action opening and the fact that Simon Belmont looked like a flight pilot with a mirror in his backpack. Nostalgia clouts the mind, as they say.

Although I am looking forward to Shout Factory's next release, Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Series on the 27th of this month.

Goddammit. I just bought The Wizard yesterday (It was very good, even my girlfriend liked it). I spent 34 bucks on a prescription today. I have to fork another 20 for my food and beverage card. And now I have to fork another 20,30, or 40 on this. Thanks a lot. You have made my day. (I still have all three seasons on video. What should I do?)