OCR Chess League: Tournament XXIV

kamoh

OverClocked Remix Chess League

Tournament XXIV

March 24th - April 13th, 2007

To join the tournament

1) Post a reply in this thread stating that you would like to be added.

2) List your AIM screen name (we use AIM for matchmaking constantly).

3) Deadline for sign-ups are Friday, March 30th @ 11:59 pm.

Match Format

Use Yahoo! Games Advanced Lounge 7. 10/15 clocks, Protected Rooms.

Each match will be two games; once as white, once as black.

2-0 = 5 points

1½-½ = 4 points

1-1 = 3 points

½-1½ = 2 points

0-2 = 1 point

Undo Turn: Undo turn is allowed, provided it is done so quickly. An undo turn given merits one recieved.

Disconnects: If a player disconnects, they are entitled to a restart at the point of the disconnect or, if both parties agree, a full replay.

You forfeit if: you disconnect after a disconnect restart, you refuse to restart a disconnect game, or you refuse to reciprocate a previous undo turn.

Use of computer assistance is prohibited and will result in the banhammer.

Two big changes:

SCORING

1) Matches must be completed in full to count for points.

2) 5-3-1 system returns.

TOURNAMENT FORMAT

1) Undecided. I may adopt the system I'd like to see for the other two tournaments here (round-robin --> top6 bracket), or we may see a double-elimination thing going on. It's up to you.

---

I've lost a lot of interest in playing matches for the chess league and running the thing. I think we've lost a lot of the spark that made it interesting, and everything is just too damn predictable nowadays. I really want to add to the spark that is the OCRCL, but the best ideas that come into my head are to play a bunch of different variants. The league is no longer fresh, and we keep playing the same 8-10 people over and over again. WWJDD?

In all honesty, this is step two of my attempt at streamlining all three OCR tournaments (OCRCL, OCR Emulation, OCR Arcade Games). We had to do this early to jump into the staggered schedule now, instead of in a month or so. Friday is the day we need to use and that's the day that we will use for all deadlines from now on (I'm hoping).

So what do YOU want to see from THIS tournament, and others to come? It'll only be three weeks, which I feel is a good time limit. Input please :)