*NO* Luigi's Mansion 'Entrada'

Liontamer

ReMixer: Evahn

game: Luigi's Mansion

song: main mansion theme

ReMix: Entrada

I don't know what to say about it ... I just think it's fun.

--------------------------------

Luigi's Mansion (GC Rip) - (09) "Professor E. Gadd's Lab" (as far as I know; may be other variations)

Fun acoustic guitar submission. Intro definitely seemed to fill the space well, but, after :35, the approach to the arrangement merely felt empty. 1:10 remedied that a little, but not enough; there seemed to be some slight distortion in places as the overall volume needed to be toned down.

Good original ideas from 1:46-2:17 over the chords of the original. Went back to those dry chugs at 1:44; bleh. 2:17 sounded stronger in terms of the resonance these guitars needed to flesh out the space properly.

I felt like the multitracked geetars needed to fill out the soundfield more and that the lead guitar playing should have been tighter. It was OK on the whole, but sounded stiff a lot of the time. Keep working on it.

NO

• 3 months later...

haha nice

this definetly had potential then it sorta sputtered away. there was nothing supporting your guitar. you should flesh the arrangement out more. i'm very familiar with this theme and i can assure you there are a million things you can do with it... that's one of its intrinsic beauties. you limited yourself stylistically with your arrangement

aside from that, you have to tone down the recording of your guitar. it is ridiculously loud during the bridge parts. the rhythmic idea that you got goin on is badass but you're lacking in developement... let the guitar change a bit. the lead is static and lacks variation... it sorta just follows the staccato of the rhythm guitar and doesn't venture past that.

this track has a ton of potential and so do you.

the surehand with mastering and maintaining your volumes will come to you with practice and constant tinkering... work on your arrangement first and put together something more substantial... maybe add some bass and drums, maybe another instrument. some ambience. use your imagination.

but for now, this is not going to make it.

redo this puppy and blow our faces off.

NO

The sound of this is great, and I like the tone. However, the playing style really makes it sound as if it is part of a larger arrangement with drums and bass. It's almost as if you made a complete band song, then simply soloed out the guitar parts. You also have quite a bit of distortion going on in the louder sections of the song.

I would say either flesh this out with some other instruments or do another more acoustic sounding arrangement, ie something that doesn't sound as rigid. What is here sounds very good, needs more.

NO