*NO* Super Mario World '(no title given)'

Liontamer

Hi, my name is José Carlos Pelaez Lazo. Im new submitting songs to this page but i give it a try.

This song is a cover from a Super Mario World Level song. I hope you like it.

I made a litle bit, metal and punk stuff with keyboard arrangements.

And the quality isnt so good because I made it at home with my crappy equipment.

THX

-------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=smw - "Athletic BGM" (smw-11a.spc)

Great base, and a surprisingly good sub. Most <2MB mixes, I get the Form Letter warmed up and ready to send.

Nostalgia bias aside, this was a potentially pretty badass arrangement, with some good expansive ideas and a modicum of personal flair. Solid drum writing as well.

The timing of the performance needs to be tightened up. The brass samples in particular are pretty thin and fake-sounding; gotta go for a richer sound, as they sound bad even buried as deeply as they are. More work could also be put into separating the parts more, but I'll be honest that that wouldn't have been a big enough issue to tank a very strong arrangement.

For such a short arrangement, instead of basically retreading the opening again at :53 & 1:39 (good tempo change though), develop the arrangement further with new ideas. Right now, the arrangement, while a great concept, is simply repetitive and underdeveloped.

Keep working on this, José, and give this an actual title. If you're not doing so already, use the ReMixing and Works feedback resources here at OCR for more help.

NO (resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

the tracks without names are always the best.

Hmm..I like the interpretation. I think the arrangement and performance are probably passable, although there are some rhythm issues. I'd say the production needs a bit of work. boost those high frequencies, and do something, anything, about those....trumpets? The balance is off, sometimes the rhythm guitar is too loud. Good start, needs some work though.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

Drumwork is pretty cool. Trumpets are pretty obnoxious. A bit on the short side, but what's here is pretty cool. Performance is fairly slick for the most part. Certain rhythms in the performance could stand to be tightened up just a tad. The soundfield gets a little bit cluttered from time to time--probably a hard thing to avoid due to the loud and spaztic nature of the arrangement.

This is pretty fun to listen to. If you could possibly polish up the production just a notch, clean up the "clutter" so to speak, and perhaps just tighten up the rhythms in addition to rethinking whatever patch you were using for the brass, I think you'd probably be able to snag a YES from me.

Not quite borderline, but very close. Please Resubmit.

NO