*NO* Shinobi 'Ken oh level 1.1'

Liontamer

Hi Oc remix team !

3 years ago (damn :/) I remixed a Sinobi Coin Op ingame level.

I remixed 2 other ones. If you're interested they are here :

Best regards and keep OC alive !! it really rocks ;)

Best from Paris

moonove

---------------------------------------------------------

http://megatwerp.com/akumusnsf/S/Shinobi%20.nsf - Track 2

Keep in mind, the overall quality bar has risen since 3 years ago. Compared to your older mix, "Black Turtle level 2.2", I felt this was slightly a step down.

At :55 when the melody came in, the beatwork was way too simplistic, leaving the texture sounding uncohesive and not complex enough.

1:28 subtly picked things up with some new stuff in the background, which was a good move, but ultimately easy to gloss over and miss as it's not a huge factor.

Cool changeup at 1:59, but it was a mere cameo as the arrangement ended quickly at 2:16 without further developing the ideas.

This one attempted to be more active, but subsequently suffered because it's not active enough in light of the writing. Work on that and further develop the arrangement if you ever revisit this remix.

NO

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As Larry would say - "Where's the beef?"

Introductory riffs were cool as hell, but then when the drums kicked in, it just didn't sustain the momentum the opening synths were building. "This definitely would have been a shoo-in 5-6 years ago"

Cool little electric blurbs, and there's some cool filtering going on, but the track is way too underdeveloped at this point. This could be a really awesome piece, but it's way too short and meatless at this point.

I'd love to hear you put some more into it, expand upon the drums, perhaps rethink the lead synth, (a but underwhelming compared to the other presets) and I think I'd be a lot more inclined to vote in favor.

Here's to hopeing you'll resubmit.

NO