Super Castlevania IV - "Rosary"

I am here to post a remix to Level 2 and Simon's Theme from Super Castlevania IV. This is done is an electronic rock style and my most promising remix attempt to date.

My biggest concerns are with sound quality, phrasing, and instrument choice. I don't have just loads of top quality stuff to work with in terms of instruments or mixing capabilities. Its quite heavy, with the distortion guitar, distorted trance instruments, and LOUD bass piano and cymbals and while I think it gives it a lot of energy, I can see that it might be too much. My lead guitar is not great, but its the best lead instrument I could use on this song.

Additionally, I'm concerned that it goes for too long and may be too redundant, especially with the guitar melodies. I'm planning on reworking the guitar parts so it sounds less redundant, I just want to know if it works as it is.

This song is about as good as I can do given my current capability. If you have any criticisms please: A: Address them without unnecessary sarcasm and cynicism, just tell whats wrong with it and I'll fix it and B: Please don't give me vague comments like: "It needs to sound more COMPACT" or "It needs to flow better". Yeah, great, but how do I make it do that? Please be specific in your criticisms so that when I go back to fix it, I'll know what to do.

Thanks!

http://www.savefile.com/files/737286

I'm in no position to offer any expert advice, just encouragement. The tune sounds very different and I like how you've mixed it so far. Another hint of the 'chorus' of the Simon Theme in there might help, as I only really heard it at the end. Still, I enjoyed the mix a lot.

Look forward to updates. :)

• 2 years later...