*NO* Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie 'Stage 1'

Liontamer

Cover + extended solo, but the quality's not bad; Besides, Power Rangers? We never get that - LT

GAME: Power Rangers The Movie

STAGE 1

From the SNES console

Comments: All instruments sampling and recorded by Patricio Stiglich, Mixed and mastered by Patricio Stiglich at P.S.C. Studios, Bogotá, Colombia. I have been contributing to vgmusic archives since 2000 with many transcriptions, but never made an arrangement with all instruments recorded and sampled. as a sesion guitarrist I decided to create a solo to give te theme more "power". This arrangement is dedicated to my girlfriend LAURA

----------------------------------------------------------------

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE! :tomatoface:

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=prmv - "Shopping Center" (prmv-03.spc)

I love the South American rock arrangers. The following of VGM arranging in Southern America is bigger than you think. BrainCells & Megadrive are bueno!

This however is way, WAY below the bar. The soloing, the fact that your playing isn't poor, and the fact that the movie features IVAN OOZE (!) were the only reasons this hit the panel. The drums are straight up ripped from the SPC, which is not what we're looking for. There may be a language barrier, but you still need to read up on our Submission Standards and Instructions.

In any case, there's some extra nice extended soloing/wankage after 1:47-2:47, but it's all original and barely works with the source melody at all. Then there's some very minor additive material underneath the melody from 2:47 until the end; contributions that are really minor. Invoking the "Mid Night" precedent, cover + well-performed, unrelated solo does not equal a pass.

goat, BrainCells, Sixto Sounds. Those are people who's arrangement creativity you want to aspire for. Expand and interpret the original music, and then fuse your own original ideas into the picture. In short, put more effort into making this yours.

mmpr_ivanooze.gif IvaN Ooze

• 2 months later...

Oh man. It's pretty tight. The guitar solo is kicking. I'm almost inclined to pass it in spite of coverosity. But I can't. Here are a few things you can do to tighten it up, without getting into arrangement stuff:

lead guitar is too soft. Doesn't cut through. Needs more bite. Try compressing, EQ, and just plain cranking the volume.

The snare is too compressed, no bite. eh.

Cutoff ending should be fixed.

NO