I want a new Cell Phone

KWarp

Currently I own this Jurassic Park monstrosity:

i530closedyellow_retouched1_small_908.jpg

Drop-proof and water resistant of course, but quite outdated in media capabilities.

For under $200, I want a cell phone capable of custom ring tones and text messaging. My cell phone plan just expired, so I can chose from any phone network. Suggestions?

For under $200, I want a cell phone capable of custom ring tones and text messaging. My cell phone plan just expired, so I can chose from any phone network. Suggestions?

With those requirements almost everything but the cheapest of the cheap would work for you. One suggestion though, stay the fuck away from providers that lock out features from the phone in order to increase ringtone sales.

Also, don't get a RAZR since they suck.

Well, if I had $200 to burn on a new phone I'd probably get the Upstage.

Of course, I'm biased because I work at Sprint. I personally own the Samsung A900, and have put plenty of screensavers and ring tones I've made on it using online uploaders. So, as far as I know, they haven't locked out that ability.

If you do decide on a Sprint phone though, PM me and I can give you some details on an Employee Referral offer which can get you cheaper phone plans.

Of course, I'm biased because I work at Sprint. I personally own the Samsung A900, and have put plenty of screensavers and ring tones I've made on it using online uploaders. So, as far as I know, they haven't locked out that ability.

How about Bluetooth data transfer or USB datacables though? If there's no need for web access outside of the occasional download, it doesn't make sense to pay for it. And those features are the ones most often locked out in custom firmware by resellers. Or there's "custom" cables which cost far too much.

Kinda iffy on the Upstage. I don't like the aesthetic.

Essentially what I want to do is load my cell phone with videogame ringtones. I either want to program the tunes in on the phone, or connect via USB or Bluetooth.

It MUST have the durability of a Nintendo product.

I also figure text-messaging is a must.

A color screen would be nice.

I have no need for a camera phone.