*NO* Pokémon Trading Card Game 'Crazy Douchebag Mouseman'

Liontamer

Hey again. Its Maxo. I never got the chance to thank you for posting up my remix did I? Well, I guess I made up for my success with one bad one (ha ha). I sincerely apologize about Grand Blue Speedway. It was kind of a joke between me and my friends, but I probably shouldn't have submitted it. As for this one, well I went on a weird streak again. I went to Vegas, and I was playing Pokemon Trading Card Game (for gameboy) for a lot of the time (since I was with my parents). Upon replaying it, I discovered a little ditty that played during fighting some crazy mouse fucker named Imakuni. Quite catchy. So I made a remix of it. I kinda went overboard, but its all good...

ReMixer name: Maxo

Email: maximum28@aol.com

Website: www.myspace.com/maxoelectronic (I never update it anymore)

Game: Pokemon Trading Card Game

Song: Imakuni's Theme

Add. Info: Composer: Ichiro Shimakura, System: Gameboy

Link: (the first one, an mp3 might not work, due to problems with the site, so the second link is a MIDI just in case)

2. http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/Pktcimak.mid

Comments: See above.

ReMix title: Crazy Douchebag Mouseman

Ok, enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/gbs/pokemtcg.zip - Track 17

Heh. Eye-catching arrangement title. And a catchy enough source tune. I can definitely see why it was deemed good arrangement material.

The instrumentation definitely sounds like some of Shna's stuff, only this isn't nearly fleshed out enough. The beats at :06 are boring and repetitive, and barely fill any of the space up, providing a very weak foundation. The clap cameo at 1:26 was just as vanilla. The piano at 2:23 sounded way too mechanically sequenced and exposed, and needs some refinement.

Kind of oddball/out-of-place with some of the melodic phrasing, but it was purposeful and nothing too jarring. It'll sit better in the track once the other parts are fleshed out.

The arrangement ideas and variation are in the right places. Now you've gotta put more meat on the bones for the drums, vary them up more, and also humanize the piano.

Good base so far, as this is on the close-to-finished WIP-level side of things. But this ain't a house of WIPs, boy. You best be learnin'. :lol:

NO (resubmit)

• 1 month later...

UGH.

Can someone just write a script to automatically delete submission emails that contain "okemon"?

I'm hearing what larry's talking about; the chorus bass sounds like shna. I'm hearing some interesting harmonic ideas. Some of the partwriting is very engaging, but this track isn't really very enjoyable. I'm not going to trash your samples, because I think your samples could work just fine. I think the problem is that the track is lacking in texture and emotional context. There are instances of interesting writing, but the groove and sound of the track are very dry and uninteresting. You need to add more emotion by adding more dynamics, sound texutre, etc. I think you've got some good ideas to start from, but this isnt complete yet.

NO

I think the instrumentation and a lot of the ideas here are quite creative. The little details, like the pitch bends in the leads, and the varied percussive rhythms, add to the piece as a whole. However, the production is definitely weak in a few spots. The drum samples are just not very good, and are mixed quitely. The mastering is high-frequency heavy, and needs a little bit of compression and limiting to smooth over spikes here and there. In general, more effects would be really nice, such as reverb and delay, or at least longer release times for some instruments so things don't sound as dry. Another idea is to add more backing pads and harmony arpeggios or rhythms to fill out some of the empty space.

The arrangement itself is decent; it sticks somewhat close to the original for a lot of the time, and while I think it's probably hovering around our bar, you might seal the deal by adding some solos or significant variations over the original chord progression.

Keep up on the ReMixing forum, as well as #ocrwip on IRC, for more tech help.

NO