*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Kweh'

Liontamer

Remixer name: Darangen

email: darangen@hotmail.com

URL:

Game: Final Fantasy 7

Song: Electric De Chocobo

This song was made for the Voices of the Lifestream project in progress.

Made it a while ago but wasn't sure whether to submit it or not, but here it goes ;) I originally had the leads an octave lower, but Zircon recommended the higher leads, which do sound a lot brighter and fit better in the mix.

It's fairly short, and sticks pretty close to the original except for a bridge I threw in there to keep things a little new. I'm really proud of the outcome, since I did almost everything in Reason and the only live instrument is my acoustic guitar and bass.

Anyways, hope ya like it.

~ Mizike ~

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 207 "Electric de Chocobo"

It's a cool track, but where da rest? Drums from :22-:37 felt rather flimsy. The textures are cool, but don't seem very complex or involved.

1:12-1:41 had a well-written original section before transitioning back to the source chorus with a redux at 1:57. In terms of the treatment of the Chocobo theme, it just seems to play it too straight. On top of that, the arranged melody just repeats, with the variation mainly coming from the background instrumentation.

For a 2-minute track, I need more substance with the arrangement of the melody itself to give something this short the go-ahead. Sorry, Mike.

NO (resubmit)

• 1 month later...

Ah...chocobos. How cute. The lead instrument bugs me a bit...you might choose something a little less grating. The writing is okay, if not revolutionary, until the halfway point where there's some real creativity that does a lot for the song. I agree that it's a bit short. I'd like to hear that middle idea revisited or expanded.

NO

Bridge is great and all, but it's completely original, isn't it? I think something that plays on the main chocobo theme or some other song from FF7 might be more appropriate there. A bridge that someone can listen to and say "oh yes, I can hear final fantasy 7 there."

Otherwise the Chocobo stuff doesn't sound bad, but I agree it's quite straightforward. I think some more elaboration and rhythmic variation would really help these parts out.

NO but resub it

I thought Golden Feathers or whatever was covering this theme fore VotL? Well, anyway.

I see this has already got 3 NO's, but I'll offer a bit of input as well. Lead doesn't bug me that much, really, but I would have liked to hear a change-up rather than keeping that pretty much throughout. The bridge section was cool--not sure how well it fit with the feel of the rest of the track, but it was cool at any rate. Reminded me of something out the DKC OST. Drums are kinda far back, they could stand to be brought out a bit. I would suggest having a section where either the drums or everything else is dropped for a few bars, and then perhaps building back in progressively. Might help with the length as well, since a few people have brought up the issue of it being under 2 1/2 minutes.

Anyway, this is a pretty solid foundation, but I don't think the final product is overshadowed by it's potential to be better still. Don't call it quits on this one yet, I say. Hope you take some of our suggestions to heart.

Go for a fairly easy resub.