* Your ReMixer name : Red Rum

* Your real name : Greg Costa

* Your email address :

* Your website : http://www.myspace.com/ygmaniackob1

* Your userid : 15997

ReMix Info

* Name of game(s) ReMixed : Streets of Rage 2

* Name of individual song(s) ReMixed : Streets of Rage Super Mix

* Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

Well, personally I like to remix and remixing is what I do. But I just had to take that extra step on this song. I'm not one for Breakdowns on drums nor extra compositions, I usually keep my mixes traditional. But on this remix, I went all out. I recently submitted this song before and OC said it wasn't interpretivate enough. So I figured to change what I had which some would say a cover, and turned it into a true arrangement. I blended some of Enigma's Sadness at the beginning just to give it that dark feel. Came out good so I started to work around that. I used FL Studio 7 and I used alot of Synths in this remix to add to that feel. The inspiration behind this... Well to be honest, one time a remixer on here sent me a SoR Remix he did that wasn't on here. Some of you know him by the name of "Gecko Yamori." Anyways, It was a remix and then I wanted to try to be more like how he was. He basically influenced me in my music today which I why I remix Streets of Rage alot. My mixes usually don't make it out here and I just had to find out on my own what the site wants. So I started listening to other remixes on here, besides anything that is related to Streets of Rage. So then it hit me. So I worked on it for a little over a month some more and it just came down to this. Hoping that I can finally get one of my mixes on OverClocked. Now no matter what happens. I know I'm good with remixing and I'm very confident in myself. If it didn't make it, I was going to keep trying and trying until it did. No matter what happens. I'm always up for a challenge and this is has been my greatest challenge yet. Hope you enjoy this remix as much as I did making it! :)

*BGC EDIT*

Greg contacted me and asked me to reinsert a link to his track so people can hear it. It's the same as the original submission, except it's rendered at a higher bitrate, and at 48k instead of 44.1

here it is - http://www51.sitesled.com/soulofrage.mp3

I like the choir sounds, they seem more appropriate here than in the last version. The drumbeat and bassline were quite repetitive for most of the time, which is fine for the style as the original does it as well. However, here the drumbeat is almost the same as the source while the bassline is a simplified version for the most part.

At 3 mins in, we get a whole new electronica/hip hop style section; different, but felt rather disjointed - I ddin't think it blended that well with the rest of the mix.

All minor issues aside, this being a groove style mix, the groove is still just like the source's groove.

NO

• 1 month later...

http://project2612.org/download.php?id=56 - "SOR Super Mix"

I like the choir sounds, they seem more appropriate here than in the last version. The drumbeat and bassline were quite repetitive for most of the time, which is fine for the style as the original does it as well. However, here the drumbeat is almost the same as the source while the bassline is a simplified version for the most part.

At 3 mins in, we get a whole new electronica/hip hop style section; different, but felt rather disjointed - I ddin't think it blended that well with the rest of the mix.

All minor issues aside, this being a groove style mix, the groove is still just like the source's groove.

I hate to glib you, because I truly like the piece. But it's still a sonic upgrade, and that's basically all there is at a substantive level. Malcos broke it down already. You're still very much working very straightforward with the source, with little intepretation.

The new drum stuff at 3:00 was awful. :'-( Hate to sound like an asshole, but not only doesn't it fit, it just doesn't sound very musical either. What's the point of this section? Too bad, because you transitioned from it back into the source at 3:41 very well. The glassy tones in the back that you retained at 3:41 also didn't fit well with the notes you were using on 'em. There's a lot to like here, Greg, but it's mostly the stuff that's sonically enhanced from the source tune.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Daaa-yum.

I love this piece. LOVE IT. Choir is awesome. As far as the arrangement goes, all I can really say is substantially different is the key--which isn't hard to do. The rest is definitely pretty notably going to be considered a mere upgrade of the original source by those who hear it.

Not saying it's a bad upgrade--I'll say again, I thorougly enjoy listening to this piece. It's just not got any of the "add your personal touch" flare to it in this current form.

Another vote I hate making...

NO

Pity, too. Maybe you can PM one of us if you'd like us to leave the link in the thread--I'd love for people to still be able to hear this one.