Two questions...

HoboKa

1: Is there a way to group stuff better? Because all of my "instruments" are in the ungrouped category...and the only category that ever changes is if you make an audio clip. Is there a way to insert a new category? I've looked far and wide inside FL studio le sigh.

2: How do I put the drums all into 1 track so that I can compress them (and have an easier time with organizing the rest of my instruments).

1: Is there a way to group stuff better? Because all of my "instruments" are in the ungrouped category...and the only category that ever changes is if you make an audio clip. Is there a way to insert a new category? I've looked far and wide inside FL studio le sigh.

right click the drop down list and click "add filter group"

2: How do I put the drums all into 1 track so that I can compress them (and have an easier time with organizing the rest of my instruments).

This would normally belong in the Fruity Loops section of the Remixing forum, but I digress.

Click the green light to the right of the instrument button to highlight an instrument. Right click the filter group button, click add to filter group, then type in the filter group name. There's also something in the top file menu i think, but I'm on the wrong computer to check.

Sounds like you want all your drums going to the same mixer track. Bring up your newly created drum filter group. Click the green light next to the first sample. Hold shift and click the rest of the drums. Click on the mister track and hit ctrl + L (quick way to link an instrument to a mixer track). Now, put your compressor on that mixer track and you're done. You can also set the mixer track an instrument is assigned to by clicking on the instrument button on the step sequencer and changing the FX box on the top right of the window to the number of the mixer track.

Wow thanks for the help guys ^_^ got an awesome Maridia remix in the coming...though there's no point in doing a compression thingy on 1 track cuz i already compress each seperate drum, but I'll do that for the next remix. Oh and once I've added a new filter group I can't seem to figure out how to get a channel into it, cuz all there is is a gray bar and when i right click it, nothing happens (and there's no sampler to start with on the new filter group)

This would normally belong in the Fruity Loops section of the Remixing forum, but I digress.

Click the green light to the right of the instrument button to highlight an instrument. Right click the filter group button, click add to filter group, then type in the filter group name. There's also something in the top file menu i think, but I'm on the wrong computer to check.

Sounds like you want all your drums going to the same mixer track. Bring up your newly created drum filter group. Click the green light next to the first sample. Hold shift and click the rest of the drums. Click on the mister track and hit ctrl + L (quick way to link an instrument to a mixer track). Now, put your compressor on that mixer track and you're done. You can also set the mixer track an instrument is assigned to by clicking on the instrument button on the step sequencer and changing the FX box on the top right of the window to the number of the mixer track.

OHHH i gotta highlight a green light first...sorry I'm kinda tired and reading skills are dumpy at the moment. HOLY CRAP I didn't realize that this is the WIP forum...man I'm not with it today ^^