*NO* Mega Man 2 'Quickman (Breakneck Mix)'

Liontamer

Hey my name is Fru, my email is , my user ID is fru.

This is a remix from Mega Man 2 on the NES.

It is a remix inspired by the Quickman stage.

The title is 'Quickman (Breakneck Remix).

The idea for the remix came around while I was playing the Quickman stage in Mega Man 2 while listening to Linkin Park, I thought the pace of the song fitted the style quite well so I started messing with it. What came out was this kinda spanish metal electro sound which was quite amusing. Hope you guys enjoy.

Many Thanks

Fru

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/megaman2.zip - Track 9 ("Quick Man Stage")

The drum writing was lazy and needs to be more progressive/varied. You don't need to make it more active so much as you need to use some off-beats to color it up more and keep it from dragging the energy down. As is, those patterns were just boring.

Decent genre adaptation, but the Quick Man melody wasn't handled in a significantly interpretive way. The arrangement was just vastly undeveloped and repetitive on that level. 3 iterations, one of them quiet but still the same. By 1:54, you've already heard everything.

You had me interested with the intro until :15, but you didn't follow through with anything else afterward. Develop the ideas further; do more to personalize the arrangement and give it a unique flavor.

NO

• 1 month later...

Alright. More MM love from Fru. Cool.

Man, for whatever the reason, I really dig your stuff. You're intros, though typically longer than most I'd generally prefer, still appeal to me. I can see how other people might find them a little overextended though. But at any rate, I thought it was well done.

Drums were fine initially, but I definitely would have liked to hear some variation in those loops. Also, the cymbal crashes (always on beat 1) actually DID seem a little lazy to me. The rest of it felt moreso overlooked than lazy.

I do like the delayed synth arps. And the pad support--meshed very nicely. One area where you definitely have room to grow is BEEF. Even like with your Heatman mixes, I noticed that even as well done as they were, they never really like JUMPED out and DEMANDED the listener's full attention. These are really great as backing tracks, but try to find a way to bring 'em ALL the way out. I wish I had some more specific thoughts on how you could do that, but I'll leave you some homework :)

So essentially, beef up the drums, do a little more than throw a 1-beat crash here and there, and play around with the master volumes. Also, go a little more nuts with the melodies you're arranging. Stir things up a bit, yo.

Pretty close. Won't take much more.

RESUBMIT

It sounds like the instrumental for a song that needs lyrics. It doesn't help that a lot of the time the melody sounds like it's run through a lowpass filter. There's a lack of hi-freq stuff here. I can see the Linkin Park connection, and you nailed the sound, but there's not a lot of substance on top. It's too subdued to really work as it is. You eitherneed lyrics or something strong to carry the melody.

Resub please. NO