*NO* Oblivion 'Main Theme'

Liontamer

Not even given an original title :'-( - LT

Greetings, Overclocked Remix!

Here is our submission of our cover version of Jeremy Soule's Oblivion Main Title Music. You can pick it up at

Hope you and the visitors of the site will like it.

With best regards,

Epinikion

Additional Info:

Your ReMixer name: Epinikion

Your real name: Epinikion

Your email address: epinikion@epinikion.com

Your website: http://epinikion.com

Name of game(s) ReMixed: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: Main Title Music

Link to the original soundtrack: http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/downloads_music.htm

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.: Much gratitude to Mr. Jeremy Soule for the inspiration and his beautiful music.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Special Edition Soundtrack - 01 "Reign of the Septims"

The intro was sounding promising, but the string samples at :19 sound exposed and awful. And I guess that's supposed to be a brass sample at :44. It's just a total sound quality disparity compared to the speed guitar and drums, which weren't incredible but were serviceable.

Let's up the sound quality and get those weaker samples sounding a lot stronger so that there isn't that gross quality disparity. In all things, there much be balance.

/Confucious

/Aesop

/The Bible

/Fortune Cookie

NO (resubmit)

• 2 months later...

Oh man, the guitar + drum stuff is so hot, you gotta get some better orchestral samples! The intro is awesome with the ethnic vocal stuff and synth pads, but then the cheap strings come in and sound really out of place. Likewise, the brass are really weak. Which is a HUGE shame because I love the arrangement here - very creative interpretation of the original theme - and the performances are otherwise quite good.

Some other stuff;

* I think the bass could be a little louder here - it's audible in the midrange but could use more presence in the lows.

* The speed guitar section kind of dragged a bit considering not all that much was going on otherwise... I would turn down the volume on the guitars there and maybe add some lead sweeps or some synth lead things on top to keep things more interesting.

* The orchestration, samples aside, could have been a little more full and interesting in the first half of the mix. In the second, it's good, but earlier on it tended to be on the sparse and minimal side, and was not nearly as engaging as the other parts.

All in all, very cool, but the orch. stuff needs to be improved. There are a few other tweaks you could do as well, as I outlined above. I would really like to hear this resubmitted and I think lots of people on this site would enjoy it.

NO