*NO* Legend of Zelda 3 'Darkin' Up the Jazz World'

Liontamer

TheJazzist

Robert Valdez

theman2472001@hotmail.com

ID - 15147

Zelda 3

Dark World Theme

I've always wanted to make a jazz version of this song and I heard Gux make a jazz version of this song and I decided to make an actual jazz combo trio version with the head, solo section, then the head again but modified to the players own taste during play.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=loz3 - "Dark World" (loz3-12.spc)

The melody on piano was essentially playing the source melody verbatim until 1:25. Then the keyboard that came in for the soloing sounded really cheap, mechanically sequenced and exposed. It just ended up sounding really sloppy and poorly put together, which was a shame as your other sounds were stronger.

Finally went back to the source tune at 3:17, with some more interpretation this time, but not much. Sounded like the notes were messed around with to provide a modicum of change, but not substantially. Oh man, the drum changeup at 3:53 did not help.

Ambitious ideas, but the execution is lacking. The final result ends up sounding really spotty and rough.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

A little too sparse for my ballot. Cool ideas, and after hearing this, I think the dark world theme would have really great potential to be a good jazz piece. But the bass really is too loud, and the piano quite the opposite. The walking bass and piano solo at 1:30 was pretty cool. The cymbal was a little weak, IMO. Actually, the drums overall are a definite low point in this track. Perhaps a collaboration with a renowned jazz drummer/sequencer might be a good endeavor. The drum changeup at 3:53 was definitely not a golden maneuver.

Cool ideas, and this one's got potential, but first, fix the mixing and maybe add some more elements and or instrumentation to fix the hollow spots (which are constant) and definitely work on the drums.

Perhaps a resubmission down the road might not be bad. For now, though,

NO