*NO* Super Metroid 'Rufous Warren'

Liontamer

- ReMixer Name: Plasma

- Email: blenderfreak@comcast.net

- UserID: N/A (not a forum member)

- Game: Super Metroid

- Song: Red Brinstar

-Comments:

This is my first submission, and I'll admit I'm a little nervous.

This song is a remix of Red Brinstar from Super Metroid. That tune has always hit something in my ear, and it really has become my favorite video game track. For this rendition, I've taken it in an electronic direction, but I tried to keep it a little more relaxed, as opposed to energetic. It's short, but hopefully sweet. I'm not very confident that it will make the cut, but I do look forward to criticism just as much. If I can improve, don't hesitate to tell me!

Thanks for your time.

-Plasma

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=sm - "Brinstar Red Soil Swampy Area" (sm-20.spc)

Pretty good base, just lacks a lot of finesse and filling out. The piano stuff was generally OK, but had some pretty exposed moments for the sample, such as :28 & :33. The whole soundscape had a really lo-fi feel that was likely intentional, but instead sounded poorly lossy. Perhaps someone could give more information of how to achieve better sounding lo-fi.

The overall textures were pretty simplistic, and the effects were basically the only thing attempting to fill this out until the vox was brought in at :49. Even after that, it still felt like there was something missing in the background, likely on account of the basic percussion not quite getting the job done.

Interesting first sub though, Plaz. You're going in the right direction in terms of trying to personalize the arrangement as something unique. You've got a ways to go, but you do have some potential. Use the resources at the ReMixing and Works forums to learn how to your current setup more effectively and obtain fan feedback before future submissions.

NO

very minimalistic stuff. kind of hollow at this point.

even walking the minimalism route, you still need to execute cleanly. drums are too quiet, piano is too low. synthetic vox pad is a little on the shrill side, actually.

I agree with larry--this isn't a bad base, but there's really not much development within the track. try expanding the theme and incorporate your own ideas into it, rather than just covering the basics of the source.

NO

• 3 weeks later...